“A wonderful and romantic place. We will be back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Riverdale Inn

Riverdale Inn
Ranked #1 of 9 Jacksonville B&B and Inns
GA
“A wonderful and romantic place. We will be back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2010

The room was beautiful. We ate dinner in the restaurant. A little pricey but the food, atmosphere and wait staff were great! To be in the downtown area it was very quiet. Clean and Romantic.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Tampa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2009

Service was outstanding, having the restaurant on premises was wonderful and convenient. Food was excellent. Great bar and bartender! It is almost like being at home except you don't have to do anything yourself!

This was our second Thanksgiving at Riverdale Inn and we will return for Thanksgiving in 2010! That is the best endorsement I can give.

Sharon Jones

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Gainesville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2009

We travel to Jacksonville for leisure six or seven times each year and we wouldn't want to stay at any other place. It is convenient to everything downtown and it has it's own terrific restaruant. The rooms and the service are excellant.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2009

We stayed at the Riverdale Inn while in Jacksonville attending a niece's wedding. It was perfectly located--close to downtown events (reception and rehearsal dinner), and the church in Avondale. The Cummer Museum, a favorite with our group, was right down the street and Memorial Park on the river in short walking distance. The Lancaster suite in the carriage house was easily accessible for my 90-year-old mother who has trouble with stairs, and my husband and I stayed in the Petit Lancaster next door so we could be near her. The young people in our party had luxurious rooms upstairs in the beautiful main house (quite a climb due to high ceilings). Dinner at the Inn Thursday night was delicious, as was the tea on Saturday. The staff was very accommodating--making up a gluten-fee plate for one member of our party at tea, and sending over breakfast one morning when my mother was resting in bed. The bar was especially pleasant, though it closed down at 10 p.m.. My only complaint was the stiff foam pillows in our bedroom in the carriage house. Otherwise, a place I would heartily recommend and would be delighted to visit again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2009

The inn was a welcomed relieft to typical business hotel accommodations. Spacious and well appointed room, quiet, charming, and near everything without fighting the bridges and downtown traffic of Jacksonville. I will return and look forward to being able to dine in the restaurant...another benefit not often found. Wonderful.

Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Tallahassee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2009

I travel to JAX monthly for business meetings. The Riverdale Inn is conveniently located in the Riverside neighborhood adjacent to, but just far enough from, downtown where my business is. Meetings are minutes away so it is the ideal location. Additionally, the Inn is magnificent and luxurious in its appointments and service. Victorian-era elegance and southern charm rolled into one genteel experience. The rooms are spacious, comfortable, clean, warm, and inviting - like stepping into another era. The staffs' attention to detail and friendliness are everywhere apparent. Although I have not had the pleasure of having dinner there, the breakfasts (included with the price of the room) are delicious and freshly prepared to order. Riverside is an historic JAX neighborhood with plenty to do and a great area for walking. I highly recommend the Riverdale Inn as a relaxing and comforting place to stay.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Marietta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2009

I have stayed at the Riverdale Inn several times, in several different rooms, and it is always clean, the staff pleasant and the environment charming. Each room has its own personality which is great. Even though I've stayed many times I still love that I can go down to breakfast and its made for me on the spot.
This visit was the first time I tried the restaurant food for dinner and it was excellent. I was alone so preferred to eat in my room and they had no problem bringing it up to me. The staff is always great. The pub is charming and the bartender friendly and helpful. I love this place.

Stayed October 2009, traveled on business