“Very comfortable and great location”
Review of Riverdale Inn

Riverdale Inn
Ranked #1 of 9 Jacksonville B&B and Inns
Naples, Florida
“Very comfortable and great location”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Lovely bed and breakfast with friendly and helpful staff that made our stay a pleasure. Had to check in late..it was no problem at the Riverdale Inn. Breakfast is simple but delicious, eggs, pancakes, bacon, toast. Nothing fancy but hot and yummy.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed April 11, 2013

The Riverdale Inn is a beautiful place with period charm in a great location just steps from a lovely park overlooking the prettiest part of the St. Johns River and Downtown. I stayed in the Roosevelt Room, and really enjoyed its spaciousness, decorative fireplace, antique furnishings, and most of all the very large and comfortable claw foot tub to soak in after walking the city all day. The convenient bar downstairs works on the honor system, and is very-well stocked. The staff is friendly and attentive, without being intrusive. My only recommendation would be to skip breakfast at the Inn and walk over to Five Points for more interaction, better food, and a sense of the neighborhood.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is a great place worth staying! It is located right in the heart of the Histric District of Riverside/Avendale! You can walk to just about anything and the accomodations are second to none! The staff is very friendly and helpful and the amenities are even better! Nice place to eat and the beds are very comfortable! I felt like I went back in time! The grounds are great to enjoy a glass of wine on the front porch while watching the sun close the day!

Room Tip: Go to their website and see the available choices!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 31, 2013

As some have read from my previous reviews, I very rarely am impressed by hotels. This is not the first bed and breakfast I've stayed in, but it's the first Ned and breakfast I've actually enjoyed.

First, I'll begin by explaining the reason why I stayed in a hotel in the city I live in ;) - my then boyfriend planned a romantic evening for us around the riverside area and he proposed in our room at the bed and breakfast (one SUPER happy girl).

Now, as to stay - the only bad thing I can say about the hotel is that I personally didn't think the bed was comfortable. Of course, it could be because I was hanging on to my fiancée all night or because I couldn't find the proper positioning for my pillows (I sleep with two).

The good - LOVE LOVE LOVE this house. It's gorgeous and beautiful and stunning and lovely and historic and charming and cute as a button! As soon as I was there, I forgot everything and I was transported back to the times of this mansion.

They have a full bar, which is extremely helpful if you just want to relax in your room instead of being in the craziness of the bars around the area. We got there at 11:30, though, and did not have a chance to try their selection.

The rooms - SUPER clean. Everything in that B&B had old time charm The room's temperature was comfortable, the room was spacious enough and there was no noise like I've experienced in other B&Bs.

The bathroom - it really was a great bathroom. It had a jetted tub, but it either didn't work, or we just couldn't figure out how to work it. Perhaps they turn off the jets after a certain time at night so other guests are not disturbed? I didn't mention or label this as a negative because I was just happy to have a tub I actually use at a hotel room (I NEVER use tubs - they always look like they harbor the salmonella and west Nile viruses...eww!).

Breakfast - yummy!!!! Everything was delicious. We ate by the fire in the dining room and the breakfast was superb and fast. The staff was so welcoming and congratulatory of our engagement! One of the lovely women even told my fiancée he better be good to me ;) I thought it was very nice they took such interest to stop what they were doing, complement our "coupleness" and invite us to come back in our one year anniversary. Oh, the orange juice was the best orange juice ever (I don't like orange juice, but I tried this one and loved it!)

According to my fiancée, the value was more than competitive with surrounding B&Bs. He went with this one because of the reviews and I couldn't be happier he chose this lovely old mansion to propose to me with a gorgeous vintage ring. I am an old soul and he definitely nailed every little detail. Enough about my evening and back to the hotel. I get carried away!

In sum, this was a great little B&B. Close to the water, close to the action but nestled among quiet areas, staff is great, room was clean, breakfast was delicious and we will definitely be back again!

• Stayed March 2013
Parrish, Florida
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Lovely vintage B&B in a beautiful area of Jacksonville. Located in an up and coming area, there are many restuarants, shops and the Cummer Museum. The Parisian Beauty Institute is just down the street where you can have a massage, your hair cut and colored and top it off with a mani-pedi for a fraction of the cost!
Back to the Inn, the owners are gracious hosts, serving delicious breakfasts and if you don't have time, they have coffee and a delicious muffin or breakfast bread "to go." We were in town for a wedding which was at the Cummer Museum, conveniently located 3 blocks away. The owners graciously allowed us to use the kitchen to make pies to take to the famuly brunch following the wedding

• Stayed March 2013
Reviewed March 21, 2013

A great place for our weekend getaway! The Park Suite was beautiful, with a cozy fireplace in our room. A delicious made-to-order breakfast and friendly innkeepers made our stay even better. The hotel is close to Memorial Park and within walking distance of the Cummer Museum, the Riverside Arts Market, and many restaurants in the Riverside area. The front desk person said that the hotel is busier on weekdays with business travelers, but mostly empty on weekends. We asked for a last-minute-booking discount and received a significant percentage off the usual room rate.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Smarsh123
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed March 17, 2013

This was my third visit to Riverdale. It is a quaint spot that we've come to love. The location is terrific to walk to great funky restaurants. Each morning we have enjoyed a lovely homemade breakfast, cheerfully prepared, and delicious. NOT KIDDING! It's a treat to stay here. The atmosphere is very relaxed. The rooms are clean and nicely appointed. Since our last visit, the bar has been relocated to a cozy room near the back deck. It's an honor system, which is such a breath of fresh air. And the new location is a terrific idea to allow guests to enjoy the afternoon and evenings breezes outside as the weather allows.

Room Tip: Each room has a different feeling. We have stayed on the second and third floors, depending upon ava...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family