“Thoroughly enjoyed a romantic weekend at this adorable inn!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riverdale Inn

Riverdale Inn
Ranked #1 of 9 Jacksonville B&B and Inns
“Thoroughly enjoyed a romantic weekend at this adorable inn!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband and I were going to be visiting the Jacksonville area for a concert. Happened to find this place through a livingsocial deal and decided to make a weekend out of our trip. The staff was so welcoming, room was clean and cozy, and breakfast was delicious. Being in the downtown area, with parks and restaurants nearby, it made for a great location (we brought our bicycles which was perfect!). Overall, this place was amazing and we enjoyed our stay...we will be back!

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Concord, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My wife and I really enjoyed our visit at Riverdale. We had a relaxing lovely room, easy guest parking and we appreciated the excellent housekeeping throughout the B&B. The breakfast each morning was excellent with extra high marks for the blueberry pancakes. We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at Riverdale Inn. The breakfast was delicious. And, the entire Bed and Breakfast was decorated nicely with antique furniture. We were able to relax near the river and explore the general Jacksonville area. I will stay here again.

Theresa

1 Thank Thearse C
Islamorada, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

My husband and I only stay at B&B's when traveling, if the location has them. We completely enjoyed our stay at the Riverdale Inn. The hosts' were very gracious and allowed us early check in as we were headed to a wedding and needed extra time to get prepared. Our room was very nice and the sumptuous robes added a nice touch. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds we've ever had while vacationing. The breakfast was outstanding with a choice of dishes, all prepared to order. This is a jewel of Jacksonville. We will definitely stay at the Riverdale Inn again!

Kym and Scott Papp

1 Thank kym33036
florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Romantic weekend in mid December with the wife. Nice facility. We stayed in the Park Suite which while nice was not worth the extra money in our opinion; fair amount of road noise, noise from neighbors and the heater/AC was annoying. The staff was friendly and courteous.

While nice, I do not believe we would stay again.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms in the front of the house - road noise from Riverside Ave
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank DudePigeon
Tallahassee, Florida, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

As a State of Florida employee and public health advocate, I wanted to stay at a hotel that would support the local economy, be smoke-free, and be within walking distance of restaurants and parks -- all while staying within state pricing guidelines. Riverdale Inn satisfied all these requirements and more. I felt welcomed and comfortable from the moment I arrived. Breakfast was so awesome I took a picture of my plate! I was able to check office and home email from the Gum Bunch Pub as well as from my room. Beautiful river-front Memorial Park is a short walk away, as is the Five Points shopping district with many locally owned restaurants. (For dinner, I walked to Al's Pizza on Margaret Street, where I had a reasonably priced personal pizza, salad, and glass of vino.) History buffs will love this house, built around 1901-1906. I recommend families consider booking the two rooms in the old carriage house. The Petite Lancaster (where I stayed) has two twin beds; the connecting Lafayette has a king bed and a sitting area. Can't say enough good things about the staff (especially Eric and Carolyn): More like family welcoming a traveling cousin than a business accepting a new customer. I hope to be back with my family for a weekend vacation!

Room Tip: The carriage house is separate from the main inn, so perfect for a family who wants to rent both roo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Gulfport, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Stayed there many times and would recommend again and again. My favorite room is Margaret window but several rooms have gas fireplaces which is an added bonus. Breakfast is cooked fresh to order and they always accommodate special diets

• Stayed November 2012