“Always a culinary adventure!”
Review of Blue Bamboo

Blue Bamboo
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Bamboo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 2,151 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Beach Boulevard
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I've been a patron of Blue Bamboo for a while now and have never been disappointed with the offerings or service! Chef Dennis is not only a true gentleman, but also a virtuoso in the kitchen! I recently attended Dim Sum Sunday for the first time with a large group and we had an amazing time. From the curried beef, to the shrimp buns, to the wontons, everything was fantastic! I come here frequently for lunch and get a Mango Iced Tea (with ice tea ice cubes so your drink doesn't get watered down!) and the lettuce wraps. It's the perfect amount of food for lunch and doesn't make you want to go to sleep later! My husband loves Chef Dennis' take on Chicken and Waffles (no joke!) Be sure to check it out on their dinner menu. Really a wonderful experience every time!

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We dine here frequently (cerviche is BEST ever!) but were lucky enough last night to participate in the wine dinner offering which not only often offers fare not typically seen on the menu but comes with selected wine pairings. We've enjoyed a few of these in the past and all were fantastic but last night was the best yet. The courses were fabulous (and delightfully surprising) and the wine pairings were perfection.The staff is the best and always add to the enjoyment of the meal. If you haven't experienced Blue Bamboo, venture out on a weeknight (weekends can be busy) and get familiar with what is truly a local gem.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

We dined here recently with friends. I had the Singapore Street Noodles with Shrimp which were excellent. My husband had the Cantonese Pan Fried Noodles and loved them so much he wanted to go back the next day. We shared Calamari with our table mates and all enjoyed it. I don't remember what other items were ordered for the table but I do know that there was not an empty plate! We love this place!

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Vegans, American preferences and Asian enthusiasts alike can dine together at the Blue Bamboo. It has a neighborhood vibe but the regulars are friendly to new people. Dim Sum on Sunday once a month - Chef Dennis Chan's versions are best but the usual fare is also available. Occasional cooking lessons (demonstration with drink and meal included) from BBQ to Indian - good skill-building fun.

Cozy and calm decor.

Appetizers of dragon whiskers (panko coated fried vegetable strips) and green chicken curry soup. Special iced tea with ice tea ice cubes and sugar syrup for sweetening. Short rib meat tacos and peanut chicken wrap. Signature dessert of orange flavored cake (way better tasting than my words make it sound). Lunch total around $45.

Dinner can be a bit more expensive maybe because we usually have wine with dinner. Menu options and specials are inventive and delicious.

My spouse and I will travel 1 1/2 hrs one way to dine at Blue Bamboo.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

This is a gem that has great food. The staff was very attentive and friendly and the chef/owner goes out of his way to make the patrons feel welcomed. The menu has a wide variety of offerings and it's the type of restaurant that you'll be wanting to come back to enjoy some of the other food items. Make sure you leave room for dessert, the lychee sherbet and NY Cheesecake is among the best I've had. They also offer a wide assortment of other exotic ice creams. This restaurant is outstanding top to bottom!