“Beautiful”

Little Talbot Island State Park
Ranked #4 of 172 things to do in Jacksonville
More attraction details
Owner description: On Little Talbot Island, construction of the Timucuan State and National Parks Multi-Use Trail is underway. The first phase of the trail will span more than 2 miles through coastal habitat of Little Talbot Island.
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Calming waters, serene setting, breathtaking sights. That explains little talbot island. A wonderful place to forget your worries!

1  Thank amys289
There are newer reviews for Little Talbot Island State Park

Reviewed May 27, 2014

This is a very nice park. Lovely, quiet beach. Nice bath houses and picnic areas. Good for walking and finding shells.

2  Thank NEGeorgiaJean
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Drove from downtown Jacksonville looking for a trail to run. It was a easy drive with scenic views. Once I got there I was happy with my decision. I parked in the parking lot and walked to the wooded part of the Dune ridge trial. The trail is 2 mile in the woods and 2 miles on the beach. The wooded trail was sandy, shaded and ended on the beach. Make sure you go at low tide. The beach was beautiful and firm enough to run on. Make sure you check on the time the access to the park is closed. The run was wonderful and by the time I got back to the parking lot the sunset was close. I watched the sunset and enjoyed the extraordinary view. Do not forget your camera. I had my phone (Nokia Lumia 1020) and took some great pics.

3  Thank Enzro G
Reviewed April 30, 2014

If you want to understand the history and the life in this area, this is the place to start. If you are coming from Jacksonville, drive down Mayport road to the Mayport ferry, and enjoy the ride with your vehicle, then drive 10 minutes to Kingsley Plantation. Walk to the office by the River, and ask for a self-guided audio tour phone. It is free. It lasts about 90 minutes if you go to each area, but believe me it is so very worth your time. You will leave with so much knowledge and will want to learn more. It's beautiful and so informative, you will be so appreciative that you spent your time wisely.

1  Thank Yvonne P
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Little Talbot Island is home to some gorgeous scenery and amazing nature! My boyfriend and I just went for a day trip, and we decided to take a walk on the trail there (they have many trails, but if you just drive up and ask them about a trail they have a 4-mile one). We did have a couple of problems with the trail:
- I had asked the man working at the booth when you drive in what the bugs were like, and he told us they were not bad at all that day. We were getting EATEN UP the entire walk, so badly that it was not even enjoyable! He clearly didn't know what he was talking about.
- The men working at the booth didn't think to mention to us that at high tide you CAN'T walk along the beach! There literally was NO beach to walk on, the water was all the way up to the dunes! We walked for almost 45 minutes through the forest, excited about being rid of the mosquitoes once we hit the beach (half of the walk is supposed to be along the beach!) just to have to turn back around and go right back through the forest. The scenery was stunning, but it would have been much more enjoyable to be able to walk along the beach.

While the state park itself is amazing, they really need to work on their customer service.

2  Thank Samantha M