Review Highlights
Beautiful

I was really surprised to find such a gem in here. Absolutely gorgeous beach, not crowded with... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
klokan0426
St. Augustine, Florida
via mobile
Beautiful location

It was amazing to find a secluded spot on the beach where we could soak in the real Florida. We... read more

Reviewed May 29, 2019
Alyssa C
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Jacksonville
from $10.00
More Info
from $35.50
More Info
All reviews beautiful beach sand dollars tide pools covered picnic high tide sand dunes real florida ranger station picnic tables salt marsh bath house fernandina beach old florida bug spray entry fee shells campground
Selected filters
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Went to LTI to camp with my son. Went in Nov so bugs were not bad. Great trails. close to Fernandina for a day trip. Good trails. Shaded campsites. Only down side is traffic noise from nearby A1A

Date of experience: November 2012
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I loved this place. I did the 4 mile loop trail through the woods and along the beach, and it was amazing. From the strange and beautiful mix of flora in the wooded section of the trail – fan palms scattered beneath a combo of live oaks and pine - you’re spilled out onto a pristine white beach with no one visible as far as the eye can see. I showed up at low tide (which I think is ideal), so the beach was sprawling and breath-taking. I didn’t see a single person until I hiked the 1.5-2 miles down towards the wooden walk and back to the parking lot. It was a great experience.

….That being said, you MUST be warned of the mosquitoes. Never in my life have I encountered a more relentless and bloodthirsty horde of flying devil-spawn. In the wooded section of the trail, my Yankee self was taken completely by surprise. I had used one of those lame repellant wipes earlier in the day, and apparently it had ZERO effect. I literally almost turned around and left the trail because the mosquitoes were so thick. It almost entirely ruined the experience for me. I could not stop to take photos without roughly 10-15 of them descending on me – it was almost comical. I was slapping so many on my arms that I actually had blood all over my hands, and unfortunately, I ended up RUNNING most of the trail through the woods to keep ahead of the little bloodthirsty flying nightmares. Thank GOD they’re slow and my balky knee held up. When I made it to the mosquito-free beach, it was like stumbling upon nirvana.

All in all, the insect assault, while nearly killing me and definitely traumatizing me, wasn’t enough to knock this down from 5 stars because of the beauty of the park. I just beg you to not venture onto that trail without bug spray. It would have made the experience so much better if I wasn’t sprinting through the woods slapping myself like a drunken ape.

Date of experience: October 2013
8  Thank JasonMirandi
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have visited LTI twice on weekdays, in late July and in 2011. I stopped at the north end and walked about a mile south and had it almost to myself both times for several hours. There was plenty of parking, rest rooms, changing rooms and many picnic tables under shelter. If you like peace, quiet and solitude, then this is your place. If you're looking for hustle and bustle, try somewhere else. It took about as much time to get to Fernandina Beach as it does to stay in North Carolina and go to Ocracoke where a ferry is needed.

Date of experience: July 2013
2  Thank TarHeelJack
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I spent a lovely afternoon on this breathtaking beach. We were there for a few hours and only passed one another couple the entire time we were there. If you're looking for a beach to spend the day relaxing without all the hustle and bustle this is the beach for you. Beware, on the road in you don't pass much so grab your lunch before you leave the city!

Date of experience: July 2013
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We enjoyed our visit to this State Park. It is almost like having a private beach. It is very clean, everyone was very friendly. Is a terrific place to bring your children.

Date of experience: September 2013