“Would've Been Better if it Weren't for the Neighbors”

Little Talbot Island State Park
Ranked #4 of 166 things to do in Jacksonville
More attraction details
Owner description: On Little Talbot Island, construction of the Timucuan State and National Parks Multi-Use Trail is underway. The first phase of the trail will span more than 2 miles through coastal habitat of Little Talbot Island.
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“Would've Been Better if it Weren't for the Neighbors”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

I had planned to spend a quite weekend here, but left early on my second night due to the youth group that set up camp next to my site. After not getting any sleep the previous night due to the camp mice/rats (bold & brazen is an understatement) I decided a second night without sleep was just asking too much so I packed up my hammock tent and headed for a hotel.

Aside from the camping, the park was acceptable. I hiked on several of the hiking trails, visited the beach briefly and even tried some fishing. Nice enough park but I doubt I'll make another 6 hour trip to visit it.

Visited May 2012

St. Augustine, Florida
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Beautiful quiet beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

My wife and I have been to Little Talbot Island State Park many times and the aailible beach area is very large, very clean and rarely do we see many other people. There are some sections of the beach that do not allow swimming,ut the beach is wonderful for walking and the scenery is awesome! There are picnic aeas and several easy walking trails (depending on the heat). We have enjoyed many days here.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Davejames07
Macclenny, FL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful beach, safe for kids”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

Serene waters and white sand. Has always been a great place to take the family!

California
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 114 helpful votes
“Secluded, Quiet, and Quaint”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

This is an adorable beach that is secluded. It takes a bit of a drive from downtown Jacksonville but it is much more peaceful than JAX beach and the drive itself is filled with great views. If you are looking for a nice, quiet beach, this is definitely for you. A walk up and down the beach affords beautiful views, especially for those who like to take lots of pictures. The only drawback is that the beach itself, during high tide, is not very large, and the sand is quite hard, so it's not as comfortable as the sand at JAX beach. I would suggest bringing a chair instead of a blanket if you plan to sun. There are full service changing rooms, an outdoor area to rinse off the sand, and restrooms, all of which seemed to be pretty well kept. There are also plenty of pavilions throughout the park. This place is definitely worth a visit when you are in the area, especially if you are looking for a little peace and quiet.

Visited June 2012
Atlanta, GA
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Beautiful beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

I grew up in Florida and have been to many beaches on both coasts. This may be the most beautiful, and it is certainly the most unspoiled. We were there on a weekday during spring break and we saw two other people. My daughter found a huge (live) conch and we also saw an Osprey with a fish in its claws. Nice picnic and restroom facilities - all clean and well maintained. Planning to go back when we visit Amelia in the fall.

Visited April 2012