“Awful Customer Service”

Cimarrone Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Established in 1988, Cimarrone is a semi private club whose mission is to provide a private club experience for its members and guests. The golf course is a David Poselthwait championship design that meanders through the pine forests and thick marshlands of North Florida. The 6,900 yard layout plays along a mildly rolling terrain with significant fairway and green side mounds and plentiful water hazards. Rated 4 stars out of five by Golf Digest Places to Play, the course was chosen as one of the Top 100 Golf Courses in Florida. Golf amenities include practice facilities that feature a targets natural grass range, short game areas with sand bunker and putting green. In addition, Cimarrone Golf and Country Club has a 10,000 square foot clubhouse that features a beautiful restaurant and lounge, plus banquet and golf outing facilities that can accommodate over 140 people. The clubhouse can be made available for use by our members at a discounted rate. Cimarrone Golf and Country Club membership opportunities are being offered for a limited time. There are a number of options….something for everyone. We would like to invite you to explore all that Cimarrone has to offer. Hit some range balls, play a round of golf, grab a hand crafted deli sandwich and a cold drink. We think you will agree Cimarrone Golf and Country Club is one of the best kept secrets in Northeast Florida.
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Upon check in I was told the reservation was only for a twosome instead of 3. I was forced to pay a higher rate than booked. I called to inquire about a rider fee for my wife the morning of my tee time and was told she could ride for free. At check-in I was told there was a fee. When I explained I had called to ask Walt explained that didn't happen and Dan would have never said that. I guess calling me a liar was enough to let me slide on the rider fee, which he didn't charge. Once I got to the starter the fun kept going. Somehow the course had our group on the books now it was a foursome. Mistakes happen and they are easy to deal with but the staff is rude, unapologetic and disrespectful. The course is slipping a little again too. Tee boxes were a wreck and weeds are coming back into the fairways. I won't be back...

1  Thank Stomberlin
There are newer reviews for Cimarrone Golf Club

Reviewed August 2, 2014

In a foursome with a 7:35 am tee time. There was a twosome ahead of us and a threesome behind us. Naturally, the twosome played much quicker than we did, so they started to pull away. The threesome behind us would often catch up to my foursome and would have to wait. The ranger caught up to us on the fifth hole and screamed at us to catch up to the group ahead of us. Unless you're playing with Sergio, Rory, and Bubba, there is no way a foursome can keep up with a twosome. Reading other reviews, I guess it comes as no surprise that their rangers have absolutely no common sense and complain to cover up their mistakes. On a brighter note, the course is in good shape. After the scolding, my foursome decided to play best ball. We finished the remaining holes at 4-under, with no hole scoring over par. This is the only reason I didn't give them 1/5 stars.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

I rate my Fourth of July Experience as poor. Early T - Time and a two some was squeezed in before us. Went into the Clubhouse to get some Gatorade or water before playing and it was closed. Learned later, no one was there at 8:45. Played the entire round on a Holiday (Fourth of July) no cart service. Unbelievable! Want people to play but can't get food or service on the course. Suggest going to St. Johns or South Hampton if you want the total package.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

The new management and staff are really putting an effort into making this a top-notch facility. Weeds and mushy areas are being cleaned up, new palm trees are being planted and more care is being put into mowing. The greens are a little weedy and bumpy but are much better than in previous years. It looks like more carts are needed and there definitely is a need for full-time starter and rangers. Play drags on and gets backed up with no relief from a marshall. Overall, a great place to play though. It is a challenging course with LOTS of water.

1  Thank Jack S
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Waited an hour to tee off from my scheduled tee time. Took 3 hours 15 minutes to finish the front 9. Cart girl came around once during this time. The pro shop manager explained that this how they book the course every weekend. Was rushed out of my cart after 9 holes because they didn't have enough carts for people teeing off. No refunds, only rainchecks (why would I ever want to come back?). Staff was rude and not helpful. Stay away unless you enjoy playing 6 hour 30 minute rounds.

1  Thank 990jaredw