“So Much More, for ohh, So Much More”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr.
Ranked #25 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Lots of space, ample space to be able to unwind and relax in in the a finely decorated suite. State of the art televisions, amenities that you don't have to shop for, dishwasher for easy clean-up. Like home but without the drawbacks of acting as if you're doing the chores. Individualized thermostats for the suite keep you comfortable and fully dressed beds keep you cozy. It's so much more than a room with the space, mine slept 8 but I couldn't imagine it. With just the 4 of us we all seemed to disappear from each other when the time was right. One couple went one way the other in another only to meet up again at a preordained time. The suite offers so much more than a regular room and so much more ambiance to the occasion, potential for greater memories to be had while sharing a space (like seeing her just out of bed look that she always hides), and time to make special memories with some of the best of friends with story telling or movies on the sofa. There's oh so much more when you get the so much more in service and in space.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
robinkrawczyk, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr., responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Thank you so much for selecting to stay with us in the beautiful up scale St Johns Town Center. The hotel is located within the town center with over 150 retail shops and restaurants all within walking distance. We will be doing a complete renovation during the summer and are very excited to be brand new again. We do look forward to having you come back and experience the new property. Please reach out to me directly the next time you are traveling to Jacksonville so I can personally make your reservations! Robin Krawczyk General Manager Homewood Suites Jacksonville Florida 32246 9046417988 robin.krawczyk@hilton.com

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Don't have anything remarkable to say. It was ok. Having stayed at many Hilton properties for many years, this was not a great experience but it was not bad. Maybe staying there the week after Christmas impacted the experience.

1  Thank ascenditravel
robinkrawczyk, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr., responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Thank you for selecting to stay with us here at the Homewood Suites in the beautiful St Johns Town Center. yes we were very busy during the Christmas season. We certainly hope you will give us another try to show you were do provide outstanding customer service and our staff works very hard at providing that. Please reach out to me directly the next time you are traveling to Jacksonville So I can personally make your reservations.
General manager

Reviewed January 1, 2014

The only thing that prevented me from leaving only one circle is the housekeeping staff. They go above and beyond their jobs, are always cheery, helpful and courteous. They kept breakfast well stocked, clean and had a greeting for each customer.
The general manager is dishonest and incompetent business woman. I had an issue with the bathtub and she refused to accommodate me or even apologize or grant any concession.
Also the room I had did not have an exhaust fan in the bathroom. Is this standard for this Homewood Suites? It made the room humid and causes mildew and mold.
Here is a photo of the window sill with mildew and rot.
The walls are paper thin and you can hear other televisions and people talking, dishes clanking and too much information situations.
I will never return to this hotel. I will go back to Marriott chain where the management is well trained, competent and I feel secure and relaxed.

Room Tip: Avoid this place.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank time_traveler99

Thank you for your feed back we do have a great staff, and yes our housekeepers work very hard every day to make our guest stay memorable. We did try to reach out to you during your stay with an amenity. We do try very hard to accommodate all of our guests special requests, unfortunately this time we were sold out of non-smoking rooms with tubs due the large city wide event in town. The Gator Bowl. We do hope you will give us another try. We look forward to you coming back. Please reach out to me directly so I can personally make your reservations.
10434 Midtown Parkway

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Room 101 was spacious but we were kept up until 1am by extremely loud footsteps above. The floor is so thin it sounded like stomping. We called the front desk four times. "Otto" said he would speak to the people above but multiple calls did not fix the problem. We were unable to move as we had two small children who were asleep. Their parents, alas, were kept up by the noise. We live in an apartment building so we are used to hearing noise from neighbors above but this was extreme. This was a surprising experience as we have always had good results from Homewood. Stay away from bottom floor rooms at this property.

Room Tip: Avoid bottom floor due to noise from above.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
robinkrawczyk, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr., responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Thank you for selecting to stay with us here at the beautiful St Johns Town Center. Please come back and see us, we will be going through a complete renovation in July! Please reach out to me directly the next time you are traveling to Jacksonville So I can personally make your reservations.
10434 Midtown Parkway
robin.krawczyk@hilton.com

Reviewed December 28, 2013

I met with the staff about a week prior to needing a room, they happily showed me a queen suite and when I explained why I needed the room (my son is in the Air Force and got a brief exodus to come home for the holidays and marry his beautiful bride) they gave me a discount AND upgraded them to a king suite!!

My son and his new bride loved the room! I will pamper myself in the future with a room here!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
robinkrawczyk, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr., responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Thank you for selecting to stay at the Homewood Suites at the St Johns Town Center. We are located in the best area of town with over 150 retail shops and restaurants all within walking distance of the hotel. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you soon. We hope you come in soon! Please reach out to me directly so that I can personally make your next reservations! Robin Krawczyk General Manager Homewood Suites South St Johns Town Center 104347 Mid Town Parkway Jacksonville Florida 32246 9046417988 robin.krawczyk@hilton.com

Reviewed December 25, 2013

We stayed two nights and had two suites and everything was awesome. We enjoyed shopping, the restaurants, and we could walk right out of the hotel to shopping and restaurants. We loved the area and no issues with the hotel. Our Housekeeper was very nice, she talked to us and made us feel at home, we had four adults and 2 children in the party.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for selecting to stay at the Homewood Suites at the St Johns Town Center. We are located in the best area of town with over 150 retail shops and restaurants all within walking distance of the hotel. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you soon. Please reach out to me directly so that I can personally make your next reservations! Robin Krawczyk General Manager Homewood Suites South St Johns Town Center 104347 Mid Town Parkway Jacksonville Florida 32246 9046417988 robin.krawczyk@hilton.com

Reviewed December 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel late September for an August wedding. I loved the way the suites were set up. I stayed in a two bedroom suite with my family. I loved the fact that the bedrooms had their separate bathrooms and were across from on another which allowed privacy.

The complimentary breakfast was okay. Some of the food was cold. Muffins, yogurt, cereal was served and French toast and oatmeal.

However, the location of this hotel is great! You are surrounded by a mall shopping center, lots of restaurants and there is FREE PARKING!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family