Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr.
Ranked #28 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stayed one night for a quick stay in Jacksonville and we loved it! Very clean and awesome staff! Check in was fast and easy! Housekeeping was great....they loved talking to my 2 year old. Bed slept great! The breakfast was really yummy and the guy who kept up with the breakfast area did a great job and was super nice!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
robinkrawczyk, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr., responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Thank you for a great compliment. We are in the perfect location in Jacksonville in the middle of the St Johns Town Center. We have over 150 retail shops and restaurants all within walking distance of the hotel. We offer a complimentary full breakfast daily and we have a great staff that prides themselves in outstanding customer service. Please reach out to me the next time you are traveling to Jacksonville so I can personally make your reservations.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

The housekeeping staff needs to make sure when clean towels requested and the beds to be made they follow up and the front desk when asked the second time that they too should make sure it got done; went two days without clean towels.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
robinkrawczyk, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr., responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you so much for completing our guest survey. I use these to improve our guest experiences when visiting Jacksonville. We have a great staff that works hard to provide outstanding customer service and are rewarded for doing so. We are located in the area of town in the St Johns Town Center with over 150 retail shops and restaurants all within walking distance. Please reach out to me directly the next time you are traveling to Jacksonville so I can personally make your reservations. We look forward to you staying with us again very soon!
Homewood Suites

Reviewed March 25, 2013

The 1 bedroom suites at this property are great. I have stayed at other hilton's in the area, but this is the best of the bunch. It is NOT a full service hotel, and I believe in some cases it may be a long term stay hotel, however, the staff is always friendly, kind and willing to help where posisble. I am a hilton honors member and when I checked in I usually receive a complimentary bottle of water. When I asked the desk agent, she said that since they are not a full service hotel, they only offer that to their "gold" members. This was the only glitch in my stay. With customer service, typically I would expect an agent to explain that this property doesn't offer that service, but not that it's reserved for "gold" members, which makes a guest feel "not quite good enough". It may be that a .50 cent bottle of water is better than telling a guest, water is reserved for our better guests.
I would hope properties empower agents to make small decisions dealing with customer service and that this improves at this property. Sundries and snacks are available at the small area near the front desk.
Breakfast included.
The location is the best.
Bathroom lighting great.
Size of room, fantastic.
Limited cable channles.
Free Wifi, major plus.
Views. No rooms really have much of a view, condos, or parking lot.
cleanliness great.
Location, location, location....... Food is available from almost every possible eatery, with short drive or walk.

Room Tip: There is a laundry room on the 2nd floor which is a bit loud. Ice is difficult to find.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Lrenee212
robinkrawczyk, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr., responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you so much for selecting to stay at the Homewood Suites St Johns Towncenter. We have a great staff that works very hard at providing outstanding customer service. We have the best location in town at the St Johns Town Center with over 150 retail shops and restaurants all within walking distance of the hotel. We offer a complimentary full breakfast daily and an evening social Monday through Thursday. We look forward to your many returned visits. Please reach out to me directly so I can personally make your reservations. Thank you again for selecting to stay with us.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stayed one night in the king suite. It was larger then expected and very comfortable. The kitchen had a full size refrigerator, stove, microwave, dishwasher, etc! More then we needed but very nice. Convenient to all the shops at Town Center. Nice staff. QUiet and clean. Modest, but tasty breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the canal. Very quiet on 3rd or 4th floor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
robinkrawczyk, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr., responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Thank you so much for selecting to stay with us here at the Homewood Suites St Johns Town Center. Yes we have a great location in the town center with over 150 retail store and restaurants all within walking distance of the hotel. We offer a complimentary full breakfast daily and an evening social Monday through Thursday. Please reach out to me directly the next time you are traveling to Jacksonville so I can personally make your reservations!

Homewood Suites south St Johns Towncenter

Reviewed February 25, 2013

First, I want to say that I have stayed at this hotel 5 times over the last 3 years. I have picked this hotel because of the location to Town Center NOT based on customer service OR quality...because of the location, I have overlooked several things at this hotel. I was scheduled to stay at the hotel again this weekend (3/1/12) for 2 nights. The hotel policy on line at the time of booking was that you could change or cancel your reservation up to 24 hours before check in. We are traveling this weekend for a dance competition at UNF. We only need the reservation for one night. SO, I called the hotel to change the reservation from a 2 night stay to a 1 night stay and was told by Elizabeth that the management has decided that this weekend will require a 2 night stay OR I would need to cancel the reservation. After securing another hotel near UNF & Town Center (for less money and higher ratings on trip advisor) I cancelled the Homewood Suites reservation. If this was the only issue I might could stay there again. In Feb 2012 I stayed t in a 1 bedroom suite on the first floor. The air conditioner did not work. They had to get a repair person. Luckily, I watched to see how the repair person reset the breaker box behind the picture frame on the unit because it died several times during our two night stay. During this same stay housekeeping skipped our room (we were out all day with the clean the room sign!). There were problems in March 2012 as well. I pre purchased my room for a lower rate and paid in advance. Problem was the hotel charged me again when I checked in. Honest mistake...NO...because they also charged 3 other families who had also prepaid that weekend. I immediately called the hotel to credit my account and the GM would not credit the charge. I had to file a complaint with Hilton and fill out a charge dispute with my credit card. I think anyone using the prepay option at this place needs to check their statements. I think it is an easy way for that hotel to make extra money! I also stayed at the hotel twice in 2011 for a girls weekend. I woke up to a huge water leak in my room. Nasty wet floor. After complaining, I was moved to another room. Still a pain as I was staying in a 2 bedroom 2 bath with friends and we had to be split up. I will not be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Travel4Fun465
robinkrawczyk, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr., responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thank you for writing your response, I was not aware that our staff had mis-spoken. We did not change our cancel or change policy, we do have a 2 night minimum stay for that very busy weekend coming up. I am sorry for any confusion. Yes our location is the best in Jacksonville and I would like to extend to you to reach out to me directly the next time you are traveling to Jacksonville so I can make it right for you. Yes we have the best location in town and our staff does pride themselves on providing outstanding customer service. I do look for to hearing back from you.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We enjoyed this hotel very much. My wife and I stayed here for a couple of days just as a getaway, as we live about an hour away. It was clean, super-convenient to shopping at St Johns Town Center, and our room, a 2-queen suite, was quite large. The beds were very comfy. The staff were excellent, very helpful and friendly. I feel it was worth the price we paid for it. The only problem was in regard to a little noise from the garbage truck in the morning, but mostly noise from above. We were on the third floor of this four-story hotel. We could hear every time the people above us walked around in their room, which they seemed to do all night. This isn't something we've experienced (to this degree) in other hotels. The complimentary breakfast was on par with complimentary hot breakfasts I've had at other hotels: not great, but OK. We would certainly stay here again, but would require a room on the fourth floor, so we could disturb the people on the third floor all night...

Room Tip: Go for the fourth floor! Figure out where the dumpster is and get a room on the other side of the bu...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for selecting to stay with us in the St Johns Town Center. We are in the best location in town. We do offer a complimentary full hot breakfast daily. Please reach out to me directly the next time you are traveling to Jacksonville so I can personally make your reservations!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We had one of the most wonderful stays at this hotel. The staff was outstanding. The location is excellent. I would reccommend this hotel to everyone. We arrived late at night and needed to eat. All the fast food options were closed. The night manager had stopped in right before we arrived. He had picked up dinner for himself but insisted that we take it!!!! Crazy nice!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for selecting to stay with us here at the St Johns Town Center. We have a great staff that goes above and beyond. We are located in the best area of town, we have over 150 retail shops and restaurants all within walking distance of the hotel. Please reach out to me directly the next time you are traveling to Jacksonville so I can personally make your reservations!

904-641-7988