Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr.
Ranked #26 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Saint Marys, Georgia, United States
“Very Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We enjoyed this hotel very much. My wife and I stayed here for a couple of days just as a getaway, as we live about an hour away. It was clean, super-convenient to shopping at St Johns Town Center, and our room, a 2-queen suite, was quite large. The beds were very comfy. The staff were excellent, very helpful and friendly. I feel it was worth the price we paid for it. The only problem was in regard to a little noise from the garbage truck in the morning, but mostly noise from above. We were on the third floor of this four-story hotel. We could hear every time the people above us walked around in their room, which they seemed to do all night. This isn't something we've experienced (to this degree) in other hotels. The complimentary breakfast was on par with complimentary hot breakfasts I've had at other hotels: not great, but OK. We would certainly stay here again, but would require a room on the fourth floor, so we could disturb the people on the third floor all night...

Room Tip: Go for the fourth floor! Figure out where the dumpster is and get a room on the other side of the bu...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
robinkrawczyk, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr., responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you so much for selecting to stay with us in the St Johns Town Center. We are in the best location in town. We do offer a complimentary full hot breakfast daily. Please reach out to me directly the next time you are traveling to Jacksonville so I can personally make your reservations!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We had one of the most wonderful stays at this hotel. The staff was outstanding. The location is excellent. I would reccommend this hotel to everyone. We arrived late at night and needed to eat. All the fast food options were closed. The night manager had stopped in right before we arrived. He had picked up dinner for himself but insisted that we take it!!!! Crazy nice!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for selecting to stay with us here at the St Johns Town Center. We have a great staff that goes above and beyond. We are located in the best area of town, we have over 150 retail shops and restaurants all within walking distance of the hotel. Please reach out to me directly the next time you are traveling to Jacksonville so I can personally make your reservations!

Homewood Suites South St Johns Town Center
Jacksonville Florida 32246
Clemmons, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stay at this property once every 6 weeks or so when I travel to Jax for work. I love the location-great shopping and restaurants within walking distance. I do love having my own kitchenette though, as I like to cook my own food most of the time (there is a grocery store about a mile away). The staff is always friendly, and I use the newly upgraded fitness center daily when I'm there. All in all, a great experience!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank tsue1969
robinkrawczyk, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr., responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you so much for selecting to stay with us every time you travel to Jacksonville, we have a great staff and they do work very hard at providing the best customer service in town. Please reach out to me the next time you are traveling to Jacksonville so I can personally make your reservations. I look forward to hearing back from you soon!

St Johns Town Center
Jacksonville FL 32246
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

From the moment I arrived, I was made to feel welcome and at home. The room was very nice and comfortable. We live in the area and stayed at a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom suite to celebrate my daughter's 16th birthday with her friends. They had a great time walking around the Town Center mall and at dinner. If you aren't familiar with the area, this is a great outdoor mall with many very nice places to dine.
The girls completely enjoyed their "party" at this hotel and I enjoyed the bedroom with the nice, comfy king sized bed :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Legsnjax
Thank you so much for selecting to stay with us here at the St Johns Town Center. We have a great staff and they work very hard at providing outstanding customer service, Please reach out to me directly the next time you are traveling to Jacksonville so I can persoanlly make your reservations! I look forward to hearing back from you soon!

St Johns Town Center
Jacksonville Florida
904641-7988
X
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a lovely looking facility and in a wonderful shopping venue. Staff are wonderful. I wish I could give it five stars, but I came to sleep/rest. The hotel does not serve what I would think should be its main purpose. The hotel is very pretty and rooms are clean, but someone cut corners in construction. The walls are unbelievably thin and I won't be staying here again. I ended up moving to a new room after I had gotten settled for the night, only to find out when I got to the new room that I could hear conversation from another room still - and this was a new location on a different floor and location. Bed comfort was just ok. they still use the fabric comforters that you then need to take off/ undress the bed before you can get in because you cannot know that the comforter is clean. Now to the layout - The suite is very cramped in comparison to something such as the Embassy Suites or Springhill Suites. there is no iPad dock and the rooms could use some updating. Lighting in the bathroom is not good. However, the shower gave a really nice full stream of water. The breakfast was meager. By the time some of us arrived about 8:30 or so, many of the items were out such as potatoes and oatmeal. The oatmeal is really just instant in a crock pot. They rushed another batch out - but it was actually not cooked. There was a good variety of fresh fruit which is a plus, and enough to make a breakfast. I felt that the manger on duty should have acknowledged my less than ideal stay and made some adjustments other than moving me to another room in the night. This makes a great location to walk about in the evening or dine out.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is less apt to have thin walls.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
robinkrawczyk, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr., responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you so much for selecting to stay with us here at the St Johns Town Center. Thank you for your comments. You did mention there was no hook up for your Ipod and yes there is, our clocks allow you to dock your Ipod. Yes we are a beautiful hotel in a great location with staff that goes above and beyond. We offer a full hot breakfast daily and I will be addressing the issues you brought to my attention. I do apologize for the issues your experienced during your stay and what I would like to do is have your reach out to me directly the next time you are traveling to Jacksonville so I can personally make your reservations, we would like to make it right for you! Again thank you for selecting to stay with us at the Homewood Suites in the beautiful St Johns Town Center!

I look forward to hearing back from you soon!

Jacksonville Florida 32246
Daytona Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Stayed at the Homewood on Jan. 3-5, 2013, the staff was absolutely amazing and very accomodating. My disappointment was with the bed, not a good sleeping bed, which, surprised me for Homewood Suites. On the 2nd night, I dreaded going to bed. But......on the positive, the hotel staff more than made up for any dissatisfaction/disappointment I experienced.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Bopsmom
robinkrawczyk, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr., responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for selecting to stay with us here in the beautiful St Johns Town Center, We have a great staff that works very hard at providing outstanding customer service. We do provide a full hot breakfast daily and dinner Monday through Thursday. We look forward to coming back to visit us again very soon. Please reach out to me directly so I can personally make your reservations.
Port Orange, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Hotel was more than expected, very clean and lots of room. Serve wouderful full hot breakfast, and diner Monday-Thursday. The food was very good. Staff all very friendly and helpful.
Walk to Town Center Shopping every shop you can think of, and 9 or more restaurants
Will stay again, all the guest had the same opinion and all Happy.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for selecting to stay with us at the Homewood Suites in the beautiful St Johns Town Center. We look forward to your many return visits, please call me directly so I can personally make your reservations.