Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr.
Ranked #27 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Extremely pleasant and friendly staff, from front desk to housekeeping to breakfast attendants. Spotless and comfortable. A full hot breakfast included. I had a junior suite for four nights that was the perfect size, with a full kitchen. High-speed internet included. Parking right outside the front door and shops and restaurants right there. Easy access to the highways. Absolutely nothing negative to say about this great spot.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
robinkrawczyk, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr., responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2011

Thank you so much for selecting to stayat the Homewood Suites in St John's Town Center.
Our staff prides themselves with outstanding customer service. We look forward to your many return visits. Please reach out to me directly so that I can personally make your next reservations.

Regards,

Robin Krawczyk

Reviewed September 10, 2011

This was the host hotel for a soccer tournament. We selected it for the team because it was relatively close to the fields and seemed to be near restaurants. Just how close, we didn't know til we got there. Everything you could want is right down a lovely brick walk. But the hotel is tucked behind Maggioni's so any noise is buffered. The area was fantastic, and as we had two older teens with us, it was nice to leave one at the hotel to rest and shop while the other had a late game. Such a clean and safe area, we were delighted. Everyone on the team raved about the hotel choice.
Room was clean and well decorated and my room had a walkin shower with glass door, (though we had two rooms and the other had a tub). And the best ever . . .while at the fields, the housekeeper came to clean the room. She saw the half case of bottled water on the table, and she arranged the water in the refrigerator for us, so when we returned , they had all been chilled. "Devin" was a wonderful housekeeper . . so much that when I return, I will ask for a room she services. We were rushing to checkout by noon, and get our sweaty kids to shower in time, and Devin smiled and told us not to rush, it was fine. The breakfast was more substantial than most free breakfasts . . .many different types of fruit, and not just a jumbled fruit salad. There was a protein option each morning--an egg/ham/cheese sandwich one morning and sausage, eggs and hash brown sticks on the other, in addition to yogurt, mufffins, cereals and either grits or oatmeal, with all the fixings. The staff was helpful with directions for those players that left theirs at home. And the internet was quick and easy.
The shopping/restaurants are so nice, and the hotel so lovely, I want to go back just to shop and dine and relax. Thank you for a wonderful, hospitable weekend.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Soccermom844
robinkrawczyk, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr., responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2011

Thank you for selecting to stay with us. This was our first year as the host hotel, and we hope to be the host hotel for many years to come. Our staff does pride themselves on outstanding customer service! Please reach out to me directly the next time you are traveling to Jacksonville so that I can personally make your reservations. we do look forward to you selecting to stay with us again very soon!

Reviewed September 9, 2011

This hotel is located next to the St. John’s shopping area. ALL upscale stores like APPLE, BURBERRY, etc...all top end stores and restaurants. The setting is an “outside mall” and entirely pedestrian. You stroll from store to store and into fine restaurants all outside, not inside. At the end of the day you head back to Homewood Suites...WITHOUT having to get into a car. The next morning you stroll over to Startbucks for a coffee and start all over again. It is a hidden gem. The hotel is inviting and has a great staff. The rooms are clean and modern and so comfy. It is fun to know that world class shopping is just a few steps away when you wake up. Highly recommended. I am usually not a fan of Jacksonville but this is really a hidden gem.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for selecting to stay with us here in the Town Center. Our staff does pride themselves on outstanding customer service. We do look forward to having you stay with us again very soon. Please reach out to directly so that I can personally make your reservations.
Thank you again!

Reviewed September 7, 2011

My family and I stayed at this award winning hotel on our way down to Disney World stopping to see family in the Jacksonville area. We were pleasantly surprised by the welcoming staff, great breakfasts and evening social hours with snacks, plus an automatic upgrade without even asking for it!

Room Tip: always ask for an upgrade, it helps to use your hilton honors rewards card also
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for selecting to stay with us here in the St John's Town Center. Yes we are in a great location for shopping and lots of great restaurants with a staff that prides themselves on great customer service. Please reach out to me directly the next time you are visiting Jacksonville so I can personally make your reservations. Thank you again for selecting to stay with us!

Reviewed August 9, 2011

Our family has stayed in this hotel on four occasions over the past two years. The highlight of the hotel is the quality of the staff. We have always received excellent service and find everyone most accommodating. If one of the kids does not like what is on the menu for dinner, the kitchen has gone out of it's way to prepare sandwiches or grilled cheese.

The rooms are clean and roomy. My only problem has been a lack of wifi signal in my room during this most recent stay.

• Stayed: August 2011
robinkrawczyk, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr., responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2011

Thank you for being a return guest. Our staff strives on providing outstanding customer service. We are so glad you keep coming back and we do look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed August 5, 2011

Located within St. Johns Town Center, so very convenient for shopping and dining (much better than Jacksonville downtown anyway). Nice clean rooms and friendly, helpful staff.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Thank you so much for selecting to stay with us here in St Johns Towncenter, and Yes we are in a great location that will appeal to every traveler. Our staff does strive to achieve outstanding customer service. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed July 28, 2011

It's not a bad hotel, but if they state that they're a new hotel, then it should be apparent. If they are new, then they have been booked every single night since day 1. There is definitely too few staff to help, the front desk should be staffed. I walked by the front desk too often, to find no one there, maybe there was a good game on? Both mornings the family above woke me up at 6am when they hit the floor, think they threw this hotel up too fast for quality materials to arrive, because they knew the location was a money maker? Yes, it is in a great location, great shopping, restaurants, etc. at St. John's. I know, it's FL, what should I expect? I couldn't get a wifi signal in room, food was a lower quality-like all you can eat cafeteria but that is a part of the room charge of $180. Go out, plenty of good food right next door. Actually a couple of people were helpful and it's not dirty but it's not what you expect at HS. It's obvious they have a good deal with the corporations near by, you'll see their trainees at breakfast cleaning out the gas station bkfst bar.
I may even go back, there aren't many good places in that area, but not cause I love it but I want the HH points. I expect a bit more when I pay full price, even if it is the company's money.

Room Tip: Shopping and restaurants are the draw, hotel is okay.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
robinkrawczyk, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jacksonville-South/St. Johns Ctr., responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2011

Thank you so much for your comments, this is how we improve our guest service. Our beautiful hotel is located in the "New St John's Towncenter" which is still under development. The hotel is 6 years old, and yes we are very busy. I want to thank you for selecting to stay with us, I do appreciate you comments and I will use them to make the approperiate improvements. Our guests feed back will help us to achieve outstanding customer service, which is what we strive for. Please reach out to me the next time you are traveling to Jacksonville so that I can meet you and make sure all of your concerns had been met. Thank you again and have a wonderful week.