Tripadvisor

Clara's Tidbits Restaurant & Catering
Order Online
Ranked #118 of 2,295 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American
Description: Clara's Tidbits is a Lunch and Catering Restaurant. We've been in business since 1985, at the same location and with the same owners, Greg and Clara LeBLanc. We really focus on fresh foods, great service and fair prices. People come because they can count on the quality and freshness of the food. Our staff is so amazing, we take pride on our great customer service creating a better experience than what you'd expect in a lunch spot. We serve fresh salads, homemade soups and great sandwiches made with care and love. It's simple, but we're going to make sure the ingredients are the freshest we can find. Our concept has always been the same, but we're always evolving and updating. Consistency is really important to us so the majority of our Menu has been the same for most of our 30 plus years. Greg is Cajon, Clara is French and they both come from Restaurant families and both have chef/management experience prior to opening Tidbits. All the recipes have been created from Greg and Clara and Family recipes, like Mama's Peach Bread Pudding and Chicken and Sausage Gumbo.
Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

visited with co-workers for quick lunch. Easy to order from menu. Order, pay and sit kind of set up. place I busy during lunch time. food quality was good. vegetarian option available too.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (102)

Reviewed April 17, 2019

My friends and I always choose Tidbits to have our annual birthday lunch for gift exchanges. There is plenty of room and we LOVE the food! The salad bar is well maintained and fresh ingredients added multiple times during the lunch hour. I've never had to send food back or had inconsistencies in the quality of the food. You must try the pound cake! Clara's potato salad is the only other potato salad I will eat besides my Mom's.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 25, 2019 via mobile

I found this little gem before coming to Jacksonville so I made every effort to visit. I was not the only person waiting to get in when they opened and it quickly filled up with hungry people (always a good sign)! The staff was friendly and the salad bar options were excellent. My friend said her chicken salad pitawas really good. If I am ever back in Jacksonville, I will definitely eat here again.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 2, 2019 via mobile

I have a big appetite but couldn’t finish the huge sandwich I got, but they provided a take home box. The pita chips were almost too hard but were tasty.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed September 14, 2018

Chicken salad on croissant was good, not stellar. On my second bite, I bit down on a piece of rib bone and had to spit it out. So, was overly cautious with the rest of the sandwich. Pasta salad very bland. Since this was a to go order, I was able to doctor it a bit at home. Potato salad good. Lemon cake o.k. Not on the top of my list to hurry back for a meal.

Date of visit: September 2018
Clara L, Owner at Clara's Tidbits Restaurant & Catering, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and we certainly apologize. Your comments are noted and appreciated, and we hope you'll visit again to give some of our other delicious options a try.