“By far the best in Jax”

Clara's Tidbits Restaurant & Catering
Ranked #119 of 2,097 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American
Description: Clara's Tidbits is a Lunch and Catering Restaurant. We've been in business since 1985, at the same location and with the same owners, Greg and Clara LeBLanc. We really focus on fresh foods, great service and fair prices. People come because they can count on the quality and freshness of the food. Our staff is so amazing, we take pride on our great customer service creating a better experience than what you'd expect in a lunch spot. We serve fresh salads, homemade soups and great sandwiches made with care and love. It's simple, but we're going to make sure the ingredients are the freshest we can find. Our concept has always been the same, but we're always evolving and updating. Consistency is really important to us so the majority of our Menu has been the same for most of our 30 plus years. Greg is Cajon, Clara is French and they both come from Restaurant families and both have chef/management experience prior to opening Tidbits. All the recipes have been created from Greg and Clara and Family recipes, like Mama's Peach Bread Pudding and Chicken and Sausage Gumbo.
Reviewed January 21, 2012

You cannot go wrong with lunch at Tidbits, you will need to arrive early or will not find a parking spot or a seat, but well worth the wait

Reviewed January 9, 2012

I used to be a regular - my boss would take me to lunch. Selecting from the salad bar was always a challenge.

Reviewed September 30, 2010

Had a nice casual lunch with my sister today at Biscotti's, we arrived around noon, no wait, great service. I ordered the Portebello Sandwich, which was excellent, BUT O-M-G the pasta salad was out of this world! I saved some to bring home to pick through it to try to figure out what was in it, but I gobbled it up before I could figure it out! Guess I'll have to go back :)

1  Thank psmccants
Reviewed June 22, 2010

This place knows how to make a good, reasonably priced lunch & do it fast, quick & in a hurry. Don't be discouraged if there's a line at lunch time. You'd better believe it's moving fast! It's impressive to watch how well run this place is, & how much food they can put out in such a short amount of time. My favorite sanwich is the camel on pita, but if you don't get a side order of their homemade potato salad, you're making a big mistake! Go there when you need to get back to work in a hurry, because you'll actually have time to order AND eat! Wish it stayed open later than 3, but other than that, no complaints. They also do catering & the menu looks really good.

Reviewed March 25, 2010

After all the years in business why would you change the recipe for your signature item?? Obviously they have and it is such a difference that I will definitely eat there
less and wonder what else will change. The cashier told me that other customers have
also noticed the difference. WHY????