Museum of Contemporary Art Jacksonville
Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Small with Interesting Exhibits

We visited last weekend before the new 3rd floor exhibit opened. We really enjoyed the atrium... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Coyote-Travelerz
Jacksonville, Florida
via mobile
Nice Museum

Reviewed August 9, 2019
FDinger
Florida

Recommended experiences in and around Jacksonville
from $10.00
More Info
from $35.50
More Info
All reviews huge wall exhibit space kids section collection exhibits project stroll
Selected filters
Reviewed August 9, 2019

I only visit this museum a couple times a year, but I always enjoy the exhibits. My daughter also does summer camp here, and the programs are excellent. The exhibit space is open and light. They usually have an interesting large installation in the entrance area. It is open for free on Art Walk nights too. I highly recommend a visit.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed August 1, 2019 via mobile

They are currently renovating and only the 2nd floor is open. Fifth floor is open but it is an educational children's art camp-class. There is a David Bowie painting and a small Yoko Ono piece. Friendly staff .

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed July 5, 2019 via mobile

I arrived at the museum when a good portion of the museum was closed for an upcoming event. The person at the front desk was friendly and let me know why the areas were closed and added that the admission was free, due to the limited viewing. The top floor was a cool space for campers. It looked as if the kids were happy and participating in a creative project. A few pieces of art were also on display. A second gallery opened at the time was a small show with two contemporary artists. I would like to return someday to see the full museum space.

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed June 5, 2019

Looking for something to do while I had time on my hands before my flight left. Read the reviews and found my way to this museum. It's small but very nice. As soon as you walk in the huge wall of pictures is just fantastic. The 2nd floor was very nice. If I had any questions someone was available to answer. BUT the 3rd floor was my absolute favorite. The work by the artist Ali Banisador and Nathan Lewis I just loved them. My liking did lean more to the work done by Ali Banisador thou. But nevertheless This was really nice. Two blocks down to Duval was an ice cream and candy shop. This was a win win.
Thanks

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed April 12, 2019 via mobile

This is a great museum which we stumbled onto purely by accident while wandering. It is very inexpensive, large enough to offer 3 floors of permanent and temporary exhibits, yet small enough to maintain your interest and not absorb your entire day. Definitely worth a visit.

Date of experience: April 2019