Museum of Contemporary Art Jacksonville
Open today: 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Small with Interesting Exhibits

We visited last weekend before the new 3rd floor exhibit opened. We really enjoyed the atrium... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Coyote-Travelerz
Jacksonville, Florida
via mobile
Nice Museum

I only visit this museum a couple times a year, but I always enjoy the exhibits. My daughter also... read more

Reviewed August 9, 2019
FDinger
Florida

Recommended experiences in and around Jacksonville
from $10.00
More Info
from $750.00
More Info
All reviews huge wall exhibit space kids section collection exhibits project stroll
Selected filters
Reviewed January 16, 2019

The artwork is very colorful. Enjoyed it but it is a little too complicated for us. Enjoyed the meal in their restaurant.

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed January 5, 2019 via mobile

The museum is small, but offers a very good selection of art (permanent and rotating collections) for everyone.

Date of experience: December 2018
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

Our family was excited to visit the museum but unfortunately an entire floor was closed. We did however enjoy the second floor which featured an amazing floodwater exhibit. The hands-on kids section was fun and the kids explored every thing there. All in all we were only there for less than an hour.

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed June 17, 2018

You walk into a beautiful lobby with a restaurant and gift shop. There is a large staircase that you see as soon as you walk in the door. It had an amazing piece of art hanging from the ceiling over the landing.

I only saw about 10 other people inside the museum because we went very early. This meant the museum was quiet and that made it even more enjoyable. I guess it takes a certain type of person to understand and enjoy contemporary art and I guess I'm one of those. I always look at the art piece and try to figure out what it represents to me. Then I read the description and I'm usually way off base as to what the artist is trying to represent but isn't that what are really is? What it means to you?

It has one of the best hands-on kids area I have seen. Since there were no kids there the kid in me came out. I had a blast. It's a beautiful museum. When you leave take a stroll around the block to see more amazing street art.

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed May 27, 2018

We thoroughly enjoyed this museum.There is a nice restaurant on the first floor. We will definitely go back.

Date of experience: January 2018