Museum of Contemporary Art Jacksonville
Open today: 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Small with Interesting Exhibits

We visited last weekend before the new 3rd floor exhibit opened. We really enjoyed the atrium... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Coyote-Travelerz
Jacksonville, Florida
via mobile
Nice Museum

I only visit this museum a couple times a year, but I always enjoy the exhibits. My daughter also... read more

Reviewed August 9, 2019
FDinger
Florida

Recommended experiences in and around Jacksonville
from $10.00
More Info
from $750.00
More Info
All reviews huge wall exhibit space kids section collection exhibits project stroll
Selected filters
Reviewed December 16, 2016 via mobile

We have visited twice on trips to Jacksonville. The exhibits have been very interesting both times. It is a manageable size, and you can see everything in 1-2 hours.

We also had dinner in the museum restaurant, and I was very happy to have a couple of vegan choices, and the food was quite good.

Date of experience: December 2016
1  Thank rajalance
Reviewed December 5, 2016

Small gallery . The art was good but limited. The gift shop was really nice. Did not eat there but the cafe looked good.Staff rather subdued . I liked the city skyline going in. The visiting photo museum was interesting and the wood cuts were amazing. I think a more modern, Young and risqué approach would serve the city better.

Date of experience: December 2016
2  Thank Nigel B
Reviewed August 24, 2016

The museum exhibits are wonderfully curated. The layout over three floors with open spaces is beautiful. There are special community programs and a nice shop that features some local artists work.

Date of experience: August 2016
1  Thank MsRae28
Reviewed August 14, 2016

Really nice contemporary works of art, one so huge as to blow one's mind! Lots of color and talent in this place.

Date of experience: July 2016
MOCAjax, Public Relations Manager at Museum of Contemporary Art Jacksonville, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2016

Thank you for visiting!

Reviewed August 6, 2016 via mobile

Finding parking is a nightmare. The building looks big but there really isn't much art being exhibited there. The 1st floor is a shop & restaurant. The next 2 floors are art. Above that, I have no idea what is up there because of the security guards. I've been here a few times & sometimes there is interesting art. But maybe contemporary art just isn't my thing. The security guards are really intimidating & extremely unfriendly. I don't know why. You leave feeling like you did something wrong. There isn't much to look at, but it did have great air conditioning. I probably won't go back.

Date of experience: September 2015