“Very Enjoyable Stay”

Ranked #8 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Odessa, Florida
“Very Enjoyable Stay”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Arrived on a Sat. around 1:30 to check in early. No problem. The desk clerk Kya was very helpful saying we had a third floor room but gave us a choice of lower floors. Took the ground in the back. Room was very clean and confortable. Wife forgot shower cap and the night desk clerk was very pleasant and had one for us.
Breakfast was good, as ususal, and the breakfast monitor was very pleasant. A very enjoyable night and would stay there again.
Easy access to I-10 with gas stations, Mcdonalds and a Wendy's nearby.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms by the elevator or ice machines.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I had stayed the night before at the Hampton in Huntersville, NC and was spoiled so I may have set my bar a bit high, however this was a bit of a downer. It started when I arrived at the motel pulling a UHaul. Being Snowbird heading south be had that dreaded task of having just bit more than would fit in the SUV. We I ask the Desk Attended for the best place to park it he suggested the open field next to the motel which was posted as a tow away area. I didn't realize this until I had pulled in and nearly got stuck getting out. His second option was to park out on a road by the motel, " He didn't THINK, they would ticket me." I took my option, the inconsiderate guest and took up three spots in his parking lot.

The hotel was clean, quiet and we maintained. The breakfast was pretty week for a Hampton. The major deal breaker was at no time during the stay did any staff member show any hospitality until the last act when we were leaving. After unloading the luggage cart in the parking lot, I was returning it to the lobby when a maid who was outside smoking offered to take it back in when she finished. Amazing when a maid show more hospitality than anyone other staff member,

Room Tip: Clean and comfortable but short on all other counts
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Julie L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville I-10 West, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
I'm sorry that you did not experience the kind of stay here at our hotel that we always strive to give all of our guests, Unfortunately our parking lot is set up to accommodate single vehicles and does become a challenge when we have guests traveling with additional equipment such as trailers and UHaul's. I hope that we might have the opportunity in the future to help accommodate you better next time and to have our friendly and caring staff show you how important all of our guests are to us!!
Naples, United States
Reviewed September 27, 2013

As I said on the other page, I usually look for shower cap in the bathroom, and there was not one there. I do not ever see an accumulation of my points in my account. Does this mean I have to reserve online to get credit. I usually call the hotel myself.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I do apologize that we were not able to provide you with an item that would have made your stay more comfortable and enjoyable. We do have some items that we no longer put in the rooms as they are not requested on a daily basis, however, we are happy to provide our guests some items upon request from our Front Desk. You can contact HHonors at any time for the point balance on your account. We appreciate our HHonors guests and your loyalty to the Hilton Brand of hotels and they are happy to answer any questions you may have about your account or points for your stays. Have a great day and we hope to see you again soon!
atlanta, United States
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Very good location with eating close by, close to Jacksonville, Beaches, airport and other places of interest. Safe area with other hotels motels close by. Plenty of variety and at least 2 service stations.

Panama City Beach, United States
Reviewed September 24, 2013

You will be more than satisfied with this excelllent hotel, the staff is very helpful and the rooms are always clean and fresh. I have stayed here many times in the past and have always had an excellent experience.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your great review of our hotel and your recent stay with us. "We love having you here" and it is always our desire to reflect that in all we do for our guests! We look forward to seeing you again soon. Have a great day!
Fort Mill, South Carolina
Reviewed September 22, 2013

This hotel was one of the best Hampton Inns that I've ever stayed at. I will certainly stay there again when I travel to Jacksonville. The staff was friendly and the hotel clean. The breakfast area in the morning was fresh and stocked at all times of the breakfast hours. Around the outside of the hotel was landscaped and well lighted, making everything safe and secure.

Lowgap, NC
Reviewed September 20, 2013

This Hampton is in a good location for me to conduct my business in the Jacksonville area. I visit 3 different locations when I am in the area and this motel sits somewhat in the middle of them. Hamptons are the preferred hotel for our company so it makes it a no brainer fo us to stay there.