“Extremely Consistent”

Ranked #8 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Virginia
“Extremely Consistent”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Three Hampton Inns in three cities in one week and I can say that although each has differences, the customer service is incredibly good and incredibly consistent at each and every front desk. The same can be said for the rooms. Clean, tidy, and confortable. The only difference room to room was the spare blanket, cotton vs. synthetic. I haven't stayed in a Hampton Inn in years and was pleasantly surprised. Would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
myralynn610, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville I-10 West, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for our hotel. We're pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that both the rooms and staff were everything you expected. We strive for our guests to have a positive and relaxing stay at our property! Safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
London, Canada
Reviewed March 8, 2012

needs upgrade ....rooms are blay ...breakfast good they had a managers redeception but told nobody us..will stay at fairfield inn next time ..

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
We're very sorry to hear that your experience was not what you had expected. We would like for all of our guests to enjoy every aspect of our hotel and rest assured that we will be working on improving the things you brought to our attention in your review. Please allow us another chance to make your stay the best it can be on your next trip to Jacksonville.
Oceanview, DE
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Stayed here twice to and from Sanibel. Very nice hotel. Very good rooms. Good breakfast. Nice staff. Don't use Route 301 to go South. There is a notorious speed trap in Waldo. Stay on the interstates -- a little more time, but a lot better route.

Room Tip: Stay away from Waldo Florida on 301 -- worst speed trap you will ever find.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights. Second time staying at this hotel. It's well located just off I-10 and 5 miles from I-295. Check in was great, as HHonors Silver members we were given a complementary upgrade to a studio. The room was nice, slightly dated, but clean and well appointed. Breakfast was good and hostess was friendly. Only issue was at check out when staff couldn't change a bill due to lack of funds.

• Stayed January 2012
myralynn610, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville I-10 West, responded to this review, January 20, 2012
We're glad that you enjoyed your stay at our property! We want all of our guests to feel welcome and have the amenities they have come to expect and enjoy from the Hampton Brand. We hope you'll stay with us on your next trip through! Safe travels!
Naples, Florida
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Located just a short ride off I-10, this hotel allows you to avoid morning Jacksonville traffic if you are headed to Southwest Florida via US 301. It is just off the main road and is quiet and is easy to find. Go past the Fairfield Inn. The hotel had a manager's reception the evening we stayed there (a Tuesday). The rooms were clean and appointed as is typical at Hampton. The desk staff were pleasant. The breakfast was okay. Try Perard's Italian Restaurant, a short walk from the hotel (you see it as you drive in.) They gave us 20% because we said it had been recommended at the hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
Reviewed August 30, 2011

I am a Hampton junkie and experienced great service from the staff at this location. My schedule kept changing but I was treated fairly with my reservation. A manager reception was on Tuesday night with beer/wine and lame snacks. It looks newer from the outside and the beds were upgraded. Plenty of older furniture though and bathroom amenities.

Four stars because of older building (and lame snacks).

Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed July 15, 2011

I should have known something was wrong when I checked in. As a Hilton Honors Gold member (one night away from diamond), I was put into a room with two queens instead of one king as I had reserved. Apparently they had several rooms were out of service, and they chose to downgrade their biggest customers; Hilton Honors members, instead of the casual traveler. The front desk clerk at night when I checked in was also rude. When I presented my business credit card to him when I checked in, he told me it was declined (impossible). I landed up having to check in with my personal credit card. (The next morning the front desk clerk had no problem switching it to my business card).
The rooms were clean, and the hotel appeared to have average Hampton Inn amenities. The walls in the room were thin, and I was able to hear the phone ringing in my neighbors room at 5 AM (endlessly), and I also heard my neighbors talking.
I am a frequent business traveler (I live on the road twenty days of the month), and I rely on hotel dry cleaning. The morning after I checked in, I grabbed the laundry bag with my weeks worth of clothes and brought them downstairs. The front desk clerk looked at me like I was crazy! I told him I found the dry cleaning bag,but there were no cleaning slips. He told me they don't provide any laundry/dry cleaning services (the first Hilton brand hotel I have ever stayed in that did not provide dry cleaning). I had to wear the same clothes for three days of meeting as the rest needed to be dry cleaned. Total Disaster. This Hampton Inn has a lot of growing up to do before I would consider it for business travel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business