“Amateurish- Avoid if possible”

Hampton Inn Jacksonville I-10 West
Ranked #8 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
San Antonio, Texas
“Amateurish- Avoid if possible”
Reviewed July 15, 2011

I should have known something was wrong when I checked in. As a Hilton Honors Gold member (one night away from diamond), I was put into a room with two queens instead of one king as I had reserved. Apparently they had several rooms were out of service, and they chose to downgrade their biggest customers; Hilton Honors members, instead of the casual traveler. The front desk clerk at night when I checked in was also rude. When I presented my business credit card to him when I checked in, he told me it was declined (impossible). I landed up having to check in with my personal credit card. (The next morning the front desk clerk had no problem switching it to my business card).
The rooms were clean, and the hotel appeared to have average Hampton Inn amenities. The walls in the room were thin, and I was able to hear the phone ringing in my neighbors room at 5 AM (endlessly), and I also heard my neighbors talking.
I am a frequent business traveler (I live on the road twenty days of the month), and I rely on hotel dry cleaning. The morning after I checked in, I grabbed the laundry bag with my weeks worth of clothes and brought them downstairs. The front desk clerk looked at me like I was crazy! I told him I found the dry cleaning bag,but there were no cleaning slips. He told me they don't provide any laundry/dry cleaning services (the first Hilton brand hotel I have ever stayed in that did not provide dry cleaning). I had to wear the same clothes for three days of meeting as the rest needed to be dry cleaned. Total Disaster. This Hampton Inn has a lot of growing up to do before I would consider it for business travel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank ScubaSanAntonio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
CArtersville, Georgia
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Made reservations at this Hampton Inn using my rewards card #, As we got closer to the hotel after driving for 7 hours with my elderly parents--we get to the exit and the exits are closed due to construction! its after 8 pm, we had guaranteed our reservations and both sides of the interstate were CLOSED!!! We pulled off the interstate and called the hotel--we were then 8 miles away, They told me that there was nothing that they could do--they offerred to cancel my reservations--Can you believe that!!! They the proceeded to try to tell me how to backtrack through the country some 15 miles to get there on local backroads--We tried and ended up in a dark dead end road!! We were terrified--I was very very dissapointed in Hampton Inn!!! They had my cell # they should have warned me!!! then the manager on duty told me that there was nothing that they could do and that he could not help me, the Hampton Inn downtown did not have 3 available rooms, He also tole me that he could not help me to find another Hampton Inn--which happened to be only 20 minures down the road!!! SHAME ON YOU HAMPTON INN!!!!! My family are good customers of yours--Not anymore!!!

Room Tip: Never Book Hampton Inn I 10 West-Unreliable
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
myralynn610, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville I-10 West, responded to this review, June 28, 2011
I would just like to apologize for your unsatisfactory experience with us. There is a bit of road construction being done by the state at our exit and they will randomly shut down the ramps at night without warning. We do our best to alert arriving guests of these conditions. I am very sorry that we were unable to foresee the circumstances and act accordingly. I have spoken with my front desk staff to ensure they are able to give proper alternate directions.

Again, I sincerely apologize and do hope that you will give us a chance to redeem ourselves the next time you are in the Jacksonville area.

Myra Ash
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed March 6, 2011

The stay at this hotel is one of the best ever, The staff is excellent and make you feel as one of the family. I use this hotel to rate others by and all others fall short.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
canton,ga
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I loved the hotel from the moment we checked in. The staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. Our room was wonderful, and the beds were amazing! We never had any problems while we were there. I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Jacksonville.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Hinesville
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I stayed here with a few of my buddies to get some relaxation from work and school. It was a great time to get away from work and and school. The sleep was amazing and the beach was practically right around the corner. If you are looking for a place to get away go to this hotel !! Its fantastic

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank MDParrish
Fernandina Beach, Florida
Reviewed February 23, 2010

One of the smaller Hampton Inns in Jacksonville, FL but a nice one. Check in was easy. We were given an upgrade (always nice). Not much in area but the location on the westside, as opposed to downtown or southside, gave us at least a 30-45 headstart on our trip to Atlanta. Breakfast was normal HI fare. Check out was easy. Only drawback was that the carpets had just been cleaned and were still on the damp side but signs were posted and wee were warned and caused no problem.

Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Vernon, Connecticut
Reviewed December 17, 2009

When we have the option, my husband and I choose Hampton Inn over other area hotels as we travel since they have continually proven to us to be well-staffed and clean. We were not surprised with our recent stay at the Inn off I-10 West, where we were promptly greeted by a friendly staff member, served an expansive buffet-style breakfast, and enjoyed their easy access to local spots.

There was a lot of road construction (on and off the highway) so it was a tad difficult to find our way to the hotel's entrance (maybe an extra temporary sign would have helped?). The hotel is near a grocery store, several restaurants (some chain, some local), gas stations and obviously right off the highway. We took full advantage of being close (but not too close) to the downtown areas by visiting some of the different sections of JAX but returning to the quiet area where the hotel is situated. Just because it is close to the highway, do not assume that you will hear the traffic. We were quite content in a room that faced the highway, the back of the grocery store and a small, serene pond.

Not having used hotel's "business centers" much in the past, I was unsure what to expect here. I was able to use one of their two computers to print out our boarding passes without any problems in less than five minutes. No cost for those services.

The dining area / main lobby was nicely decorated, clean and had great comfy couches.

If you know about Hampton Inn, you know that they take pride in offering really nice beds and bedding. Ours was no sagging behemoth like other cheaper hotels. The free in-room wi-fi was a nice touch. The cable tv selection, however, was a bit on the minimal side. About four channels were dedicated to the hotel advertising their own services...

Overall, this was another pleasant experience at a quality hotel chain that continually provides great customer service, a decent value, and a yummy buffet breakfast!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple