“Great evening out”

Ranked #42 of 2,151 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Today the Alhambra stands proudly as the nation’s longest continuously-operating equity dinner theater. After a half century the Alhambra is as vibrant as ever. When visiting the Alhambra you’ll walk the same halls that extraordinary performers once strolled – performers such as Cyd Charisse, Frank Gorshin, and Betty Grable whose last live performance was on the Alhambra stage. We’ve helped thousands celebrate anniversaries, birthdays, graduations, reunions and even a few marriage proposals have graced our stage. Creating the Alhambra’s unique dining experience, our award-winning Executive Chef DeJuan Roy leads our in-house culinary team as he creates a new culinary adventure for each show tapping into the show’s unique story and theme. So each time you visit the Alhambra for a new production, you’ll also enjoy an entirely new menu! Come early and enjoy our library lounge with a full bar. Saturday and Sunday matinees feature a lunch happy hour with $5 Mimosas Bloody Mary’s!
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

I'm going to start with the entertainment. I saw the Christmas Carol and I was extreme impressed with the actors, highlighting Mr. Scrooge who in my opinion stole the show. The show was worth the price paid.
The food was much better than before the remodeling took place. The portions were perfect for me but maybe not for the hearty in appetite. I enjoyed the Salmon, which was dry but the sauce was delicious enough to cover the dryness of the fish.
The staff were busy yet very on top of things, constantly moving and serving.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed the Alhambra once again, this time for South Pacific. I was a cast member of a Little Theater production of this musical when I was in college and she saw it on Broadway with our daughter, so we were both familiar with the story and music.

We have visited the Alhambra many times over the past 40 years and have seen many changes, each for the better. There used to be a wonderful buffet and when we heard they were now serving a plated meal, we weren't sure what to expect. Well, the change is wonderful. We had plenty of food and the quality is superb.

We went on a Tuesday toward the middle of the production run, but the players were as fresh and on their game as I could imagine them to be. The sets and the players were all Broadway quality, in my opinion, and I have attended many Broadway productions.

The Alhambra is a true gem close to home that we hope to enjoy for years to come.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Our Southside Newcomers Group went to the performance of South Pacific today, November 23rd. The show was wonderful and the cast was cast perfectly. Nellie Forbush was played by Ashlie Roberson, and Christopher Sanders played Emile de Becque and he had a wonderful voice. Eddie Mekka who played Luther Billis was so funny and perfect for the part. He used to play on Laverne and Shirley.

The menu went along with the fare of the Islands with Hawaiian tempura Sweet and Sour Chicken, Macadamia nut crusted Mahi (a favorite at our table), Kuala Pork and Buddha's Delight with Tempura tofu.

Dessert of White Chocolate Macadamia Cookie with Coconut Gelato which was yummy! The had Hawaiian Pineapple Upside Down Cake.

The wait staff was very good, attentive and friendly.

We are going back in December for the Christmas Carol, really looking forward to that show!

Reviewed November 14, 2013

My husband and I and our two teens daughters attended the Nov. 12th performance of South Pacific. From the online seat selection to dinner and the show, the overall experience was wonderful. We were impressed with the quality and selection of the food which was paired nicely with the show theme. We both ordered the Macadamia Nut crusted Mahi entrees and the girls ordered the Hawaiian tempura Sweet and Sour Chicken. Presentation was lovely and the desserts were delicious. I loved the coconut gelato! Chef DeJuan was most recently the Executive Chef at 95 Cordova and came out and asked how we liked the food and made his rounds speaking with the guests. It's the best thing the Alhambra did bringing him and his staff here!

The theater has had a mini face lift and it shows The cast of South Pacific is pretty talented. Eddie Mekka played Luther Billis (from the old Laverne and Shirley TV sitcom series) is a seasoned performer and it shows. The lead of Nellie was just fab and I especially liked the actress that played Bloody Mary and of course, that tall, talented, baritone, that played Emile de Becque. Great show.

Plan accordingly. With dinner at 6 and the show starting at 8 and not ending until almost 11pm, prepare for a long, but enjoyable evening!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

On November 11, 2013, my wife and I were treated to some very fine dining and musical entertainment at the Jacksonville Alhambra Dinner Theater. The dinner fare provided us a choice of a delicious port shank and crusted tilapia. My wife had the port shank and I had the tilapia. Both were delicious. We started with a salad and ended with fried cheese cake. Again, both the salad with Alhambra's special dressing and the cheese cake were extremely pleasing to our palates. The musical entertainment was provided by Eddie Mekka (Carmine, the
Big Ragoo" from the old Laverne and Shirley TV sitcom series). Eddie was starring in the Alhambra's production of South Pacific, but worked up a special Veterans Day musical special of song and dance. His rendition of songs by Tony Bennett, Frank Sinatra, and other great songsters was both entertaining and comedial, keeping us enthralled for one and a half hours. He was backed up by a small band that travels with him on his circuit of shows.