“Worth The Trip”

Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner
Reviewed December 30, 2011

My husband and I have liked The Mossfire Grill every time we have eaten there. My husband's go-to dinner is The Burrito and mine is the hummus sandwich. The Burrito is an overflowing mountainous item with all the right fillings. The hummus is very fresh tasting and the sandwich is always right on the mark. The chips and salsa are always a welcome accompaniment to our meals and their desserts look delicious but we are always too full to order one. The Mossfire Grill would be a perfect dining experience if the parking was better, but parking issues aside this is a great restaurant.

Reviewed December 19, 2011

We eat here about once a year and are hard pressed to not order the same things over and over. The menu has some more eclectic choices and more run of the mill, so you can find anything to suite your mood.
The last visit was no exception as I ordered the pork loin with ancho cherry glaze (I probably took 1/2 of it home, huge portion). For your salad, be sure to try the red chile vinaigrette!!
Chips and salsa (I think I'm going backwards...) - the salsa is homemade and hotter some nights than others but always yummy:)

Reviewed December 16, 2011

Went with clients who raved about the place. We got to sit upstairs on the outside balcony. The servers were extremely attentive, the food was very good and the ambience terrific. We had Adam as our server. He seemed genuinely interested in how we liked our meals. The weather was in the mid seventies and it was absolutely sublime up on the roof.

I had the plantains to start. They came with a guacamole (I suggest getting this as a side by itself) & a spicey apricot dip. The apricot was slightly too hot for me but very tastey. If you like it hot, you'll love it. The plantains went well with both. They weren't over or undercooked and I was able to pick them up and eat them, like you're sposta!!! :D

For my lunch entre' I had the crabcake sandwich, which thankfully came on a whole wheat bun (I detest white bread), with lettuce, slice of tomatoe and a spicey mayonnaise that was perfect. I didn't think I would eat the whole thing but I did. The crabcake was very, very good. I had a side of french fries that were unremarkable except they were not floppy or soggy, which I alway detest and a pickle wedge that I did not sample.

My collegue had the "smothered" burrito. See picture. It was enormous and though I didn't taste it, he polished it off, so it must have been good. Compliments all around the table. I would absolutely go back.

Reviewed November 28, 2011

I found the Mossfire grill online when trying to plan for outings with my mom & dad in JAX after finding out they'd be staying at Third and Main for two months. 1st visit, dad's medical diet allowed him to eat only certain foods (not on the list at Mossfire Grill) and we didn't want to go without them. Next visit was during the weekend, but time just didn't permit. All the while I continued to do research, read reviews, etc.. 3rd visit, Mom & dad were tired at supper time and weren't very hungry, so we went out and brought them something back! It was INCREDIBLE! I had wanted so badly to have dinner up on the terrace in the fresh aire. PERFECT! Just as I expected! Open, airy, looks out onto the city street, ambience, GREAT WAITER, fast service... the WORKS. The food is like nothing you've ever tasted. It's like they are daring in their use of spices to entice the pallet yet, it's all perfectly balanced!!! Our son got Mahi that is the BEST I'VE EVER TASTED! OH, MY! My enchiladas were "to die for"; and my husband....well, he ate almost his whole steak sandwich before speaking a word! We brought back meatloaf for mom and dad and it was a hit! They have nice happy hour prices, too! Great local brews! The restaurant itself is extremely cozy...especially the upper floor. It has the bar, tables, and three couches surrounding a coffee table with a huge flatscreen right there on the wall! GRAND!!!! The lighting is just the way you'd like to have it for a nice easy evening of good food and drinks. I've only been once; but I'd say that you couldn't go wrong with this place.

Go with confidence,

Reviewed October 31, 2011

I went with coworkers and enjoyed the atmosphere and the fun was delicious. The waiter we had was very nice and attentive to us.

I ordered a burrito, which I thought would just be a small one. No way, their burritos are huge, I could only eat half and saved the rest for lunch the next day.

There is outdoor seating, they have up and downstairs areas. Very nice staff and restaurant.