“One of my favorite restaurants for southwestern food”
Review of The Mossfire Grill

The Mossfire Grill
Ranked #123 of 2,069 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed March 16, 2011

I've eaten here multiple times and the food is always good as is the service. I especially like the chicken empanadas. The desserts look delicious and they're huge, I've just never had enough room left after my meal to try one. My entree is usually enough food for leftovers for another meal.

I much prefer it upstairs. If you've never seen it, give it a try. There is more privacy and I like the atmosphere better since there are fewer tables. A good place to take someone who likes southwestern food and has never been there.

Reviewed March 12, 2011

Dinner was great; crabcakes awesome and the creme brulee was to die for! A little robust atomosphere sort of loud and a bit of a wait. Not for small kids. Service was good and it didn't take long for the food to arrive. Will definitiely go back.

Reviewed December 23, 2010

Yellowfin tuna fish tacos are my favorite and don't forget the slice of peanut butter pie for dessert. Service is always attentive and food normally comes out within 10-15 min. Great character and charm, great prices, awesome margaritas...love this place!

Reviewed December 15, 2010

Based on the reviews at this tripadvisor site, my husband and I recently ate at Mossfire Grill. We totally enjoyed our dinner; the casual ambiance, wait staff and food. For $30 we had a feast which was surprisingly delicious! For a Wednesday night, the restaurant was packed. If we lived in Jacksonville we would surely become regulars. Mossfire was terrific.

Reviewed October 21, 2010

Good basic menu for southwestern food. We are from the West, therefore have had very good southwestern/Mexican food. This was good food, but not great Mexican food that we see in the West. For the Florida area, this was very good. Great atmosphere, great staff.