“Loved going to camp”

Clark's Fish Camp
Ranked #68 of 2,151 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I've been in jax since 2009 and never knew this place was here. The bar was great and the atmosphere kept you entertained while you wait. Food was really good.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,331)

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Not sure what has happened to Clark's. used to be a favorite, but I will not be going back-ever. Horrible food, awful service, & I have serious concerns about the cleanliness of the entire restaurant. Stay away!!

1  Thank WendyGator99
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Hard on Jullington Creek sits Clark's Fish Camp, a Jacksonville fixture for years. The seafood is great, all fresh caught and expertly prepared. For meat lovers they have an eclectic mix of the usual's - beef, pork etc - but also have wild game - gator, antelope, buffalo etc.

And while you are eating you can look out over Jullington Creek and watch the boats go by and as they are launched and recovered. Plus see the gators swimming around the dock and nearby rushes.

But the most surprising treat is the stuffed - everything. Rumored to be the largest taxidermy collection in the US, they have everything from lions to reptiles, to birds to fish to you name it. And when the place is decorated for Christmas the lights inside and out are amazing.

DON'T MISS THIS.

1  Thank Mark H
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband, myself, and two other couples went for dinner and really enjoyed it. As we sat outside on the dock waiting for our table, a baby alligator swam up the little creek next to us. Inside there are so many unique items to see. When we first walked in we saw the huge aquarium with a live gator in it. Once in the dining area, there was so much to see. Any kind of animal you could think of, stuffed on the wall. The food was good too. I have always heard of people loving frog legs, but have never tried them. SO I finally gave them a shot and they were delicious! My husband had fried shrimp, two others had one of the platters, a shrimp pasta dish, and the Jack cut prime rib. The prime rib was amazing! It was the largest, tender, cut of meat. If you have a big appetite, then I recommend this. The seafood was all tasty too! We will definitely be back, with the kids in tow.

Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

If you are put off by stuffed animals staring at you while you eat, this might not be the place for you. The taxidermy specimens were a sight to behold. My husband and I visited memorial day weekend (our anniversary). We love seafood so we thought we would give Clarks a try. Hostess told us the wait would be about 45 minutes. Cars were lined down the street so we knew goingin there would be a wait any way. We were seated in just about forty minutes. Philip was our waiter. He was very pleasant and attentive. My husband and I both ordered some kind of seafood platter. The food was excellent, sweet tea how it ought to begin the south :diabetic coma inducing. :) loved it!!!!!! The place was packed and considering how long the wait to get our seat, the food came out in under twenty minutes. Phenomenal!!! The whole experience from top to bottom wonderful. Kudos to Philip our server.

1  Thank dooley1024