“Can't believe I've never been!”

BB's Restaurant + Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
BB's Restaurant + Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 2,049 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: near Prudential Drive
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I took my wife here last week for her birthday dinner. I used Open Table and noted a quiet corner table, if available. We were greeted by the very nice hostess who had reserved our corner table and wished my wife a happy birthday. Nice touch.

I'm glad we were in the corner because it is pretty loud. It's a nice place, but unfortunately many diners were wearing sweatpants and trendy 'exercise wear'. These are middle aged out of shape women that probably live in the area and think that passes for fashionable. Shame.

The service from Mark was impeccable. He was the best server we've had anywhere in years! Ask for him.

Grey goose martini was excellent. We started with the Cheese appetizer that came with apricots, walnuts, and delicious honey with a small bit of honeycomb. Get one of these cheese apps - you won't be disappointed. The fried green tomatoes were average; wouldn't get them again.

Filet was superb cooked medium, and my wife's pasta dish was excellent. It had shrimp and chicken with a white wine / olive oil sauce.

Excellent night out overall, and we'll be back. Can't believe we haven't tried this place before.

There are newer reviews for BB's Restaurant + Bar

Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

After a disappointing meal the night before at Blue Fish, we ended up at BB's. SO much better! The triggerfish was perfectly prepared and the bread pudding was amazing. The server was fantastic and helpful. Interesting modern decor. A little pricey, but better value with the price fixed menu for $30 for a three course meal. I've heard it is difficult to find a good restaurant in Jacksonville, but I would definitely recommend BB.

Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Wow ... That was so loud my ears are literally ringing. Eclectic little place near the riverwalk where the tables are all brutally close together and the decibel levels are way up there. Multiple times got bumped into by a poor server trying to go between me and other tables. It was an art form watching the servers try to maneuver in there. Now to the food. I ordered the "bacon wrapped filet". Not what I expected. First it was sliced in half lengthwise, with a piece of pork belly grilled and stuck in between the two smallish pieces. While I can't say the flavor was bad I can't say it was good and was over charred on the grill. I wouldn't order it again. The wife had the artichoke and herb ricotta pizza which she liked very much. Dessert was an intersecting chocolate and peanut concoction and several other desserts we saw looked quite good. All in all though if you want to be able to talk to the person eating with you try something else.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

This restaurant was close to our hotel so my wife and I decided to give it a try based on some of the reviews we had read. It was an excellent choice! The prix fixe menu was great value and the food was well presented and well prepared.
The restaurant itself was very busy when we went ( which we like ) and the service was excellent.
Best to call for reservations prior to going just in case it is full.
Overall a great choice and we would return on future trips to Jacksonville.
I highly recommend BB's...

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I've been here several times over the years, mostly for lunch. The food is always fresh and prepared to perfection.

We had a birthday party for a friend this weekend and although there were 18 of us attending, the server took quite good care of us.

The menu varies quite a bit and I like that. There's always something new to try. (Elk was the special one night)

Highly recommended if you're in the area

Been to BB's Restaurant + Bar? Share your experiences!