“First time visit ”

Sam Won Garden Restaurant
Ranked #347 of 2,273 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Reviewed July 12, 2017 via mobile

Came here based on reviews of restaurants in the area and decided to give it a try.
Friendly greeting when I arrived. It was a little before noon and there were no other customers but a Korean family arrived shortly after.
The menu had a wide selection and all looked great, I decided on the spicy pork and shrimp lunch box. Freshly made everything looked delicious and it tasted wonderful.

Reviewed May 28, 2017

You know it is good when all the Koreans eat here. Wonderful selection and authentic food preparation. Good, ---the best! Try the seafood pancake for app.

Reviewed May 2, 2017 via mobile

One of the best meals I had in my visit to Jacksonville last weekend. The beef was tender and delicious. The 5 dishes of Kim chi were just what the doctor ordered. I really enjoyed it.

Reviewed January 18, 2017

We get take out from here often. The orders are always fresh, accurate, hot, delicious. The staff is friendly and we have never had an issue with our food. Large portions!

Reviewed December 31, 2016

Waiter very eager to share his knowledge of the menu and was happy to make suggestions. The two of us shared our orders and it was more than enough to eat for lunch. The first was an appetizer that was the size of a 14 inch pizza - a seafood pancake with scallions and a soy dipping sauce. The pancake was not very flavorful until the soy sauce was added. The second dish was Gopdol Bibim Bop which is rice in a hot stoneware pot served with assorted vegetables and beef (very little beef). I would return to this restaurant, but I would try something else on the menu. We didn't see the lunch menu which was on the back of the menu. The booths have grills and you must order from the grill menu to sit in the booths.