“Delicious!”

Sam Won Garden Restaurant
Ranked #355 of 2,097 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Reviewed November 21, 2016 via mobile

As a lover of korean food, I was elated to find this restaurant in a city with a paucity of good asian food. The Galbi, jap chae, and Dol sot bibim bop are all great!

If your craving Korean food - go and be happy!

Reviewed November 9, 2016 via mobile

We actually go here approximately once a month. Great authentic food, have never been disappointed. Took my daughter, and she started taking her friends. Portions are large.
We see a lot of regulars and lots of families.
Only thing is gave to ask for extra napkins. I just like more than one napkin.

Reviewed November 8, 2016

A great sign to me for any Asian restaurant is if when you walk in most of the patrons are Asian, and the night we went here I think we were only one of two tables with non-Asian diners. The food is very good and served both temperature and spice HOT! I had a spicy pork barbecue that had a lot of flavor and a heap of heat. The hot never distracted from the taste though and I enjoyed the burn.

My wife had the seafood chowder and was less pleased. The broth was tasty but some of the pieces of seafood were rather rubbery and not all that flavorful.

We both would go back and this time I think she will try something without seafood.

1  Thank Dr_Tom82
Reviewed October 21, 2016 via mobile

My friend ordered a kimchijjigae and it was extremely fishy and stinking that we couldn't give another bite or swallow. Staff was somewhat friendly but the food was a disaster especially given the high price - the kimchjjigae was $13! This place needs major improvements in the food quality.

Reviewed July 23, 2016

Considering the fact that this is Jacksonville, Sam Won Garden is pretty good. The Galbi and Bulgogi were tasty. Galbi was grilled on the table but Bulgogi was done in the kitchen. Banchan selection could have been better. Good service. Overall pretty good but prices should be a bit lower.