“Great Food”

Sam Won Garden Restaurant
Ranked #355 of 2,097 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Reviewed November 9, 2016 via mobile

We actually go here approximately once a month. Great authentic food, have never been disappointed. Took my daughter, and she started taking her friends. Portions are large.
We see a lot of regulars and lots of families.
Only thing is gave to ask for extra napkins. I just like more than one napkin.

Reviewed November 8, 2016

A great sign to me for any Asian restaurant is if when you walk in most of the patrons are Asian, and the night we went here I think we were only one of two tables with non-Asian diners. The food is very good and served both temperature and spice HOT! I had a spicy pork barbecue that had a lot of flavor and a heap of heat. The hot never distracted from the taste though and I enjoyed the burn.

My wife had the seafood chowder and was less pleased. The broth was tasty but some of the pieces of seafood were rather rubbery and not all that flavorful.

We both would go back and this time I think she will try something without seafood.

1  Thank Dr_Tom82
Reviewed October 21, 2016 via mobile

My friend ordered a kimchijjigae and it was extremely fishy and stinking that we couldn't give another bite or swallow. Staff was somewhat friendly but the food was a disaster especially given the high price - the kimchjjigae was $13! This place needs major improvements in the food quality.

Reviewed July 23, 2016

Considering the fact that this is Jacksonville, Sam Won Garden is pretty good. The Galbi and Bulgogi were tasty. Galbi was grilled on the table but Bulgogi was done in the kitchen. Banchan selection could have been better. Good service. Overall pretty good but prices should be a bit lower.

Reviewed June 26, 2016 via mobile

In Jacksonville it's probably the place to go for Korean food. But the other places don't stand out so it's kind of like the best of the worst. However I've had better in other places. For example the Bulgogi was really watery and not the grilled kind. My wife ordered a seafood soup and it was mostly a noodle soup. It was only one old and non fresh shrimp. And one of other kinds of seafood in there. It didn't even taste that great. So in summary, this is one of the better Korean restaurants if you must eat Korean in Jacksonville.