“Good and hot and hot!”

Sam Won Garden Restaurant
Ranked #341 of 2,329 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Reviewed November 8, 2016

A great sign to me for any Asian restaurant is if when you walk in most of the patrons are Asian, and the night we went here I think we were only one of two tables with non-Asian diners. The food is very good and served both temperature and spice HOT! I had a spicy pork barbecue that had a lot of flavor and a heap of heat. The hot never distracted from the taste though and I enjoyed the burn.

My wife had the seafood chowder and was less pleased. The broth was tasty but some of the pieces of seafood were rather rubbery and not all that flavorful.

We both would go back and this time I think she will try something without seafood.

Date of visit: October 2016
1  Thank Thomas B

Reviewed October 21, 2016 via mobile

My friend ordered a kimchijjigae and it was extremely fishy and stinking that we couldn't give another bite or swallow. Staff was somewhat friendly but the food was a disaster especially given the high price - the kimchjjigae was $13! This place needs major improvements in the food quality.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed July 23, 2016

Considering the fact that this is Jacksonville, Sam Won Garden is pretty good. The Galbi and Bulgogi were tasty. Galbi was grilled on the table but Bulgogi was done in the kitchen. Banchan selection could have been better. Good service. Overall pretty good but prices should be a bit lower.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed June 26, 2016 via mobile

In Jacksonville it's probably the place to go for Korean food. But the other places don't stand out so it's kind of like the best of the worst. However I've had better in other places. For example the Bulgogi was really watery and not the grilled kind. My wife ordered a seafood soup and it was mostly a noodle soup. It was only one old and non fresh shrimp. And one of other kinds of seafood in there. It didn't even taste that great. So in summary, this is one of the better Korean restaurants if you must eat Korean in Jacksonville.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed November 29, 2015 via mobile

A friend and I ate here for dinner last night and it was amazing! I lived in South Korea for four years and this food just brought me back! Service was quick and efficient, and the food was delicious! We ordered the bulgogi and galbi (which come with sides) and it came to about $50, which is right about what I was expecting--and it was a lot of food! Highly recommend trying this place out!!

Date of visit: November 2015