“Ok Korean, but don't have many choices here”

Sam Won Garden Restaurant
Ranked #347 of 2,272 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Reviewed June 26, 2016 via mobile

In Jacksonville it's probably the place to go for Korean food. But the other places don't stand out so it's kind of like the best of the worst. However I've had better in other places. For example the Bulgogi was really watery and not the grilled kind. My wife ordered a seafood soup and it was mostly a noodle soup. It was only one old and non fresh shrimp. And one of other kinds of seafood in there. It didn't even taste that great. So in summary, this is one of the better Korean restaurants if you must eat Korean in Jacksonville.

Reviewed November 29, 2015 via mobile

A friend and I ate here for dinner last night and it was amazing! I lived in South Korea for four years and this food just brought me back! Service was quick and efficient, and the food was delicious! We ordered the bulgogi and galbi (which come with sides) and it came to about $50, which is right about what I was expecting--and it was a lot of food! Highly recommend trying this place out!!

Reviewed October 19, 2015

We returned to Sam Won Garden after 15 years! It as delicious as we remembered. Spicy Pork, Grilled Korean Shrimp and dumpling appetizers were the headliners of the show. BUT the side dishes served family style were the stars. Seriously good stuff refilled as desired. Piles of delicious food served by friendly staff had me planning our next visit before we had even gone.

1  Thank bigdom61
Reviewed September 10, 2015

I've been to Sam Won Garden twice now since I discovered it two weeks ago. Even though I live an hour away, my husband and I are making it a point to go here at least once every pay period. Their food is just simply amazing. Hot, fresh, authentic Korean yumyums. Their kimchi is a completely different story though... because it is LIFE CHANGING. Their japchae is also delicious. 감사합니다~

Reviewed July 17, 2015

I think lunch is great value if you SHARE
Mounds of food, seriously how does 1 person eat it all
My wife and i shared the Salmon platter way more than enough
All great except SALMON is DEEP FRIED - that wasnt cool
but sauce gave it good flavor