“Could have been better”

Sam Won Garden Restaurant
Ranked #342 of 2,329 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Reviewed April 2, 2009

Inconsistent cooking. My first time I ate here was June of 2008, and I ordered the Dol Sot Bi Bim Bap (mixed rice in stone bowl). They cooked it right but over-cooked it (It was still burning hot at the end of my meal). The second time I ordered Dol Sot Bi Bim Bap was in March 2009. This time, they basically took the regular Mixed Rice dish ($10) and threw that into a stone bowl ($12 dish) and called it "Dol Sot Bi Bim Bap." I know this because my boyfriend ordered the plain mixed rice and his ingredients were exactly the same. The only difference was that the stone bowl kept my food warmer. BUt there were no toasted rice edges or slizzing sounds whatsover...
I'm Korean, and I've been to lots of Korean restaurants.
I was not pleased. It still tasted good, but it wasn't what I wanted.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed July 18, 2008

Started off as a sushi restaurant, so that's good stuff. Also, the only Korean BBQ restaurant I know of in the area. They have karaoke in the back room, so this is fun for big groups.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed June 2, 2008

I love this place, as there is never a wait and you get lots of great tasting food. I go for lunch and get the steak and shrimp platter. It comes with fried rice, noodles, sauce and fruit of the day. You can't go wrong with this one.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed March 3, 2008

SO GOOD and SO MUCH cheaper than the DC area Korean restaurants. They are super nice there too. Definitely very good. Our faves: seafood pancake and LA kalbi!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook