“Excellent Casual Sandwich Shop (Gluten Free too!)”

European Street Cafe
Ranked #70 of 2,049 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My wife (who has to east gluten free) and I stopped here for lunch while in the area. We were very impressed by our meals (sandwiches), which were done well. Her sandwich was on GF bread, which she said was some of the best she has ever had. The deserts (GF for her and non GF for me) were very tasty and quite satisfying. It is rare to go to a restaurant that has so many options for GF eating, so this was a real treat.

One slightly bizarre note - they do not have any espresso-based drinks available (odd for a 'European' restaurant). Apparently their espresso machine exploded some years back and they decided not to replace it. Their regular coffee was pretty good.

There are newer reviews for European Street Cafe

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My family loves this place. We all enjoy the beer cheese soup and their delicious pretzel sticks. My husband always enjoys trying out a new beer from their great selection. My husband and I love the Blue Max sandwich with its warm corned beef, saurkraut and blue cheese. Its amazing! My son loves getting the monster german weiner, jr. Its alot of food for a 10 year old. The atmosphere is very relaxing and we spend a good while just eating and talking. We love the choices of old candies and great desserts as well. We always leave with something sweet to enjoy at home later. We crave this place!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Because of service problems that happened frequently in the San Marco branch, I avoided European Street Cafe for the past few years. Now fast forward five years later, I decided to give them another try, albeit in the Beach Blvd branch, on this St Patty's day for lunch. And I'm glad I did because on this time around, the service was good, the food tasty and the San Miguel beer cold.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Food is prepared and presented very well. We were there for a birthday lunch and had excellent service. Portions were much larger than I expected. Food is all freshly prepared and nice presentation. Will definitely go there again.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Food is prepared well. Nice presentation. Nice atmosphere. Nice variety of beer. Portion is right. Price is reasonable. Buy some European gummies or chocolate. Overall a nice place to dine.