“Good pizza, but better call in service needed”

Al's Pizza - Riverside
Ranked #464 of 2,072 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is a Jax institution for pizza. On our last visit, we called in an order, but still had to wait almost 30 minutes father we arrived for our pick up. Disorganized service.

1  Thank Phildigs

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Had a nice lunch at Al's, baked lasagne. Portion was good sized and was nicely baked with plenty of cheese. Just what I wanted on a rainy day. Comfort food!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

This was our first visit to Al's so we tried a variety of dishes including the wheat crust pizza. All items were extremely tasty, prepared well, and presented nicely.

Items we tried and all were great:
* Wheat thin crust cheese pizza
* Baked meatballs
* Garlic bread
* Baked ziti
* Zeppole
* Molten chocolate cake
* Cheesecake
* Cannoli

Al's will definitely be a regular place for us.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Al's can't be beat for value with huge pizza by the slice and drink specials on Thursday and late night. Great ambience and always friendly staff.

Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

I absolutely loved this place!!! I ordered a slice of pizza with black olives, pepperoni and sausage. It was fresh and delicious!!! I also ordered a beer and it was very cold and good. My waitress Marandi was AMAZING....I will definitely return when I am in town again. I highly recommend this place, a must visit!!!!