“Go to drink”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Jacksonville, Florida
“Go to drink”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

This place provides a wide array of beer choices, but they lack on the sliders they can't seem to stop advertising. The lamb slider I ordered was dry and bland along with the other slider that I can't remember due to it as well not being very good. Would I go here again? Probably not...can go next door to Ale House for cheaper drinks and better food.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Jadeyjade07

North Massapequa, New York, United States
“First Visit And Last”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Went there this past Saturday night with my son and his girlfriend. It was our second choice. Not being a college basketball fan I didn't realize that we had entered in the final minutes of the Florida Gators/UConn game and that all of Jacksonville was at bars with big TVs. After about a 10-15 minute wait we were seated. The noise level was deafening. The entire place is covered in hard, noise bouncing materials. We had barely opened the menus, including the one with the craft beer selections when our server, Derreck, approached wanting to take drink orders. I told him that we had barely been seated and to come back in a few minutes. When he did I asked for a Sam Adams, only to be told that they didn't carry it. Oddly, one of the entrees was a chicken with a Sam Adams gravy. Drink orders and food orders were placed. My pulled pork entree and my son's slider sampler came with salads which were presented and we commenced to eating. Only a few minutes later, and with half of our salads still uneaten, Derreck shows up with our entrees! We made no effort to stop eating our salads, so he just left our dinners on the edge of the table and left. Totally amateurish. Did they want to turn our table over that quickly?

My pulled pork was awful. It looked like dog food. The barbecue sauce was supposed to be a Carolina style, but the only flavor I got was mustard. The accompanying potato salad looked good, but was totally devoid of flavor. Badly in need of seasoning. Inedible. My son proclaimed his 3 slider sampler to be nothing special and his girlfriend's cheeseburger was no different. The next time we saw Derreck was with the check. Not even an offer of looking at the dessert menu.

So, to sum it up, boring to inedible food. Rushed, unprofessional service, and a noise level that made conversation impossible. There's one thing that the Jacksonville area has is plenty of fine restaurants, so there's no reason to give the loser's a second chance. This one doesn't get one.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Ed S
Jacksonville
“Nice pub find”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I was recently invited to Copper Tap House. They are a new restaurant in town located on the corner of Beach Blvd and Hodges Blvd (in the corner of a strip mall). We visited on a Thursday night and they were pretty busy. We were seated right away and our waitress came over to take our drink order/appetizer order. We ordered the Arrogant B****d (It won't let me post the actual word!!) Pepperjack Queso for our appetizer.
Menu description - "Our Pepper Jack Queso, an Albuquerque, New Mexico favorite, is spicy and smooth and made with the rich full flavor of Arrogant B*****d Ale. Full of flavor but not heavy, which makes it the perfect pairing with our Tap House chips."
The queso was really good and didn't thicken up fast like some queso dips do.
We were dipping throughout the entire meal!

We decided to get a variety of sliders for our entrees. I got the Buffalo Chicken Slider, which is tender chicken breast filet deep-fried, and tossed in buffalo sauce. For starters, the chicken is a huge piece of chicken! The buffalo sauce was really good, not too hot, and completely covered the chicken.
I also got the Kalua Pig Slider, which is Hawaiian BBQ Sauce covering smoky pulled pork. I really liked this one. The sauce had a hint of sweetness, but not too much. The waitress told me that this is their most popular slider, and I can see why!

My husband got the KC BBQ Slider, which is pulled pork covered in sweet & tangy Kansas City BBQ sauce. I took a bite of it because I wanted to compare it to mine. Well I don't know which one I liked the best! This sauce wasn't sweet like mine, but the taste was still great.
He also got the Chorizo con Huevos, which is spicy Chorizo sausage, grilled and topped with an over-medium fried egg. The chorizo is a patty underneath the egg. I also took a bite of this one. Ivan neglected to mention that the egg didn't break yet, so I took a bite and it went everywhere! I missed my shirt by a fraction of an inch! This slider was also delicious. The chorizo was tasty but not greasy and the egg was a great addition.

Verdict: Liked it!
Everything we had was great, so we know we will be back. We liked that the sliders were served with very minimal amount of toppings. What it says on the menu is what is on the slider. I know some people might be put off by that, but to me it's very ballsy. They really showcase the taste of their sliders without hiding behind generic toppings. I loved that. They also have a great selection of local craft beer from across the US, so we are definitely going back for a beer flight.
We liked the atmosphere of the restaurant as well. There is a stage in the corner so I bet local artists have a great time on the weekends there. We also had a chance to meet the manager Juan. He was very nice and accommodating. We kept seeing him bussing and checking on tables, so he seemed to be a very hands on manager. I think that is great!

Visited February 2014
Jacksonville
“Golden Spinach Salad”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Another good spinach salad in Jax. I love goat cheese and the balsamic dressing is really good. CA golden raisins are an interesting twist that made me a bit homesick.

• Visited February 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great food great atmosphere ”
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Went here for the first time last night and it was a great clean atmosphere. Very open and friendly staff. The food was fresh and cooked really well. It is a great place for family, friends or a date.