“A few Flaws but Overall Very Good Hotel”

Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area
Ranked #4 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Recently spent two nights here while in Jacksonville for business. The hotel was very conveniently located, with shopping, restaurants and entertainment close by. The staff were welcoming, the lobby and my room were exceptionally clean and fresh. I felt very comfortable in this hotel, everything seemed new and clean. The patio and pool area was nice and relaxing. The patio had a fire pit, waterfall and flat screen TV.The first of two flaws I noticed was the location of the gym. You have to walk out to the patio and around the pool to get to the gym, which I've never had a problem with before, but there was a thunderstorm that bright high winds, lightning and heavy rain. So I skipped my workout because I wasn't willing to risk being struck by lighting. The next evening I discovered that I hadn't missed much. The gym was tiny and had only one elliptical, on treadmill and one universal weight machine. The other negative that got my attention was breakfast. In past stays at Hampton Inns I've had made to order omelets, but not this time. The breakfast "chef" serves pre-made cheese omelets. They were horrible! They were spongy and had a bad taste. The room rate, cleanliness and close proximity to businesses and the St. Johns Town Center outweigh minor issues. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the side facing the Springhill Suites hotel next door are quieter. Rooms on the opposite s...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank FSU2000
DanJordan, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear FSU2000,
I wanted to thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel with the TripAdvisor community. I'm glad you were able to enjoy our patio and pool area. The fire pit and TV on the patio has been a big hit! I am very sorry our fitness center did not meet your expectations. Although it has been completely renovated with new equipment, you are right, being detached from the building can be a problem. I also wanted to apologize to you about the taste of our cheese omlets. The Hampton Brand team is working on an update to our breakfast, and hopefully that will be released soon. I hope to see you back the next time your in Jacksonville!

GM

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I've tried a few different Hampton Inns in Jacksonville & this is definitely the best one so far. They have a very helpful & friendly staff! Everything was clean & orderly. Miller's Ale House is literally just next door so you can just walk over to eat & drink. Exactly what we needed during this stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Caitlin C,
Thank you very much for your kind words about our hotel and staff. I will pass that praise along to them. I'm glad to read that we were exactly what you needed, and we look forward to see you again!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We had a wonderful experience at this hotel. The hotel was clean and nice. The staff were friendly and so helpful. We really enjoyed that it is pet friendly. When we continued to have issues with the mini fridge, ruining some of our food, the staff immediately helped us once we reported the problem. They fixed the fridge and replaced the ruined food, which was soggy from the ice melting. When the fridge stopped running again, they immediately helped by replacing the fridge and giving us a free night for our frustrations and troubles. The fridge not working was not the hotel's fault, but they handled the situation very professionally, did all they could to help solve the issue and made sure we still enjoyed our stay there. We will definitely stay at this hotel again if we visit Jacksonville again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
DanJordan, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Lianne S,
I wanted to thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am sorry that we could not get your fridge working, but I am glad to read how the problem was handled. When things don't run smoothly, that is our opportunity to go above and beyond for your guests. I will pass praise along to our maintenance and front desk teams. Thank you again, and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Stayed here for 4 days and it was worth it! Convenient to my business being done there. Only little "flaw" is that you can hear what's happening outside at night in the parking lot even from 3rd floor. The bar/restaurant next door has outdoor seating/ some music and also some "kids/young adults with nothing to do at 3 AM having foot races and yelling in the parking lot is not the best sleeping environment. If you can get past that then its Gold! Very clean, friendly staff! And the beds! ....Comfortable, soft, fluffy pillows! I want some for myself now.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
DanJordan, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear Cindy W,
Thank you very much for sharing your review of our hotel. I am very sorry about the noise coming from the patrons of the restaurant next door. I can imagine how frustrating that must have been. I will be sure to discuss this with our security company in an effort to avoid this in the future. I am glad to read that everything else about your stay with "Gold"! Especially your feedback about our bedding and pillows. Hampton has a website where you can purchase some of the items you see in our rooms, including the bedding - www.hamptonhomecollection.com. Thank you again for the feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

The hotel overall is nice. However their breakfast leaves something to be desired. The beds sheets are comfortable, however the bed itself will leave you in back pain. This is the last thing that we needed on vacation. The general manager when I called him to solve the issue before calling guest realtions to give him a chance to resolve it only wanted to offer Hilton points. What a waste of time. Hampton offers a 100% guarantee of your stay, meaning if I am not satisfied for any reason, I don't pay!!! Period!!! The General Manager wanted to be very argumentative and only wanted to offer points. If we can ever help it, we will NEVER stay at this property again!!! To the owner of this hotel, you might want to find a more "customer friendly and less argumentative General Manager" and one who cares about the core values of Hampton!!!! STAY AT THIS PROPERTY IF YOU WANT BACK PAIN AND RUDE CUSTOMER SERVICE ONLY!!!!!

Room Tip: Try the other Hampton not to far from this one!!! There is more than one in the area to the best of...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Acworth_GAMike,
We are very sorry for the unfortunate experience you had at our hotel and appreciate your feedback. I can assure you that our guests are always our number one priority. Please contact us directly so we may assist you further.

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I was originally concerned when I checked in and saw that pets were allowed because my wife is highly allergic to pets, but she had no problems. The ammenties were great. The fitness room and pool were excellent. The rooms and lobby were very clean.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Michael P,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review of our hotel. It makes me very proud to read comments like this, as I know how hard our housekeeping team works to keep our hotel clean. I can't wait to share your feedback with them. Thank you again, and I look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Close to lot of places within walking distance.The breakfast was very good and the people were all really nice.Very clean and quiet.Parking well it was ok but with any large complex there will be a tiny bit of congestion. We will stay again !!! We will stay here again. Check in no problem.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank karenog2012
DanJordan, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear Karenog2012,
Thank you for sharing your experience with the Tripadivsor community! I glad you found our location, breakfast, and cleanliness satisfying. We can't wait to have you back the next time!