Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Good 3.5/5
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsfire pitale housegreat hotelsouthside blvdmovie theaterwithin walking distancejohns town centerrestaurants and shoppingthe breakfast areawafflesclean roomsking suitedefinitely stay here againcomplimentary breakfasta great stayconvenient locationfront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Customer service from the front desk was terrible. But if you can overlook that, the room was excellent. Very spacious, comfortable, and most importantly - very clean. Breakfast was just okay...but there is a McDonalds just across the parking lot that my husband went to. I was fine with yogurt and a banana.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
DanJordan, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear Movnaround,
I want to thank you for your review of our hotel, and apologize to you regarding the poor customer service you recieved at our hotel. It was nice to read you found the rest of your visit enjoyable. We are always looking for ways to better ourselves, and we will use this review in our next customer service training. We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We chose this hotel because we had previously stayed there and had a good experience. Once again, everything was top-notch! Check-in was fast and efficient. Our room was just as we had asked online (with foam pillows instead of feather pillows and on a high floor away from the elevator). The room was spotless and the bed very comfortable. We could not hear any noise between the rooms or from the hallway.
The breakfast was what you would expect from a Hampton Inn - eggs, bagels, toast, an egg/cheese/bacon biscuit, waffles, yogurt, cereal, fruit, etc..
The hotel is close to shopping and restaurants and only about 15 minutes from the beaches.
This property really should be an example to all other Hilton properties. It is consistently ranked well, clean, and has great customer service. The manager obviously takes pride in his or her hotel!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank goneaway76

Dear Goneaway76,
Thank you again for another great review of our hotel. We really do apprecieate you taking the time to write this. I'm glad to hear you had another great stay! We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

When I checked in the front desk Clerk “Mr. Diamond” did not recognize me as a gold member and did not offer a welcome package. I knew of the package because of the display of choices at the counter. I assumed he did not ask because it was in my room. It was not in my room so I went down to ask why I was not offered the package. A new clerk was there and he was helpful in getting me my package. Breakfast eggs tasted like powered eggs. When I had to check out early I informed the Clerk “Mr. Diamond” the night before. He did not take my name or room number. I did not receive an envelope prior to departing. So I called down to let the clerk know I was leaving. He printed out my receipt and had it ready for me when I came down. My co-worker had informed Mr. Diamond the day before as well with same results. He also did not get his Welcome package without asking for it at a later time. When I went down to get my receipt I asked about my co-workers receipt, the clerk did not have it ready but he did get it ready before my co-worker arrived.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
DanJordan, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear George B,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel. I am very sorry for the service issues you encounted with our front desk team. Customer service is our top priority, and it sounds like we dropped the ball on this occasion. Simple recognition of your HHonors staus is important, not to mention easy to do. I have discussed this with Diamond, and the management team in the front office, and we all know we can do better. I do hope you will give us another try, as I'm sure we can get it right the next time. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

If you must stay in Jacksonville Florida, I highly recommend the Hampton Inn & Suites Deerfield on Southside Blvd. Great service, clean lobby and room, nice comp breakfast, close to alot of venues and restaurants, and best of all, if you need to do work, the lobby has 4 top of the line and up-to-date-computers for your convenience. I know exactly where I'm staying when I'm in Jacksonvile

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Jonathan N,
Thank you very much for your kind words about our hotel! Reviews like yours really mean alot to our staff. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

The staff was very friendly and informative. The room was clean and the only thing that I would change was the air conditioning unit was very loud when it came on. The location was very convenient to a variety of shopping and dining. Overall it was a pleasant experience and I would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Erin R,
We are thankful for your review of our hotel. I wanted to apologize about the loud AC unit. I can imagine how frustrating that must of been to have to listen to that all night. If you could email me, dan.jordan@hilton.com, to advise me of the room you were in, so that we can correct the problem. I'm glad to read that the remainder of your stay was up to par. I look forward to hearing from you, and can't wait to have you back!