“Amazing place, convenient location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area

Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area
Ranked #1 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Houston, Texas
“Amazing place, convenient location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed 5 nights and had a very pleasant stay.
The front desk crew are so friendly( special thanks to Ms.Tammy) our room was spacious and clean, breakfast was fresh and service was very professional.
Great location, close to deerwood park( business center), st. John's town center ( 5 star shopping center of Jax) is less than 5 minutes drive.
Lots of restaurants, fine dining and bars, supermarket and convenient store, in a walking distance of hotel. Parking space is a available.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
DanJordan, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Hiddibiriz,
Thank you very much for your review! It's nice to hear you and your husband had a good time. You are right; you don't have to go very far to get anything you might need during your stay with us. We are very lucky to have such great location! Again, thank you for your time, and we look forward to your next visit.
Dan Jordan//GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband, 1 1/2 year old, and I stayed at this hotel for just one night before a cruise that was leaving out of Port Canaveral a couple of hours away. It is fairly convenient to 95 as well as 295 (about 10 minutes) and there are plenty of restaurants and shops closeby. There is a Publix across the street and a drug store a block away. Check-in was a breeze and we were up in our room within a couple of minutes of getting to the hotel.

The room, including the bathroom, seemed on the large side for a Hampton Inn. Perhaps it is a newer property? Very nicely maintained and the room was clean. The wifi worked perfectly. The bed was comfortable and, honestly, we had nothing bad to say about the room at all.

The breakfast was the standard Hampton Inn breakfast - waffles, eggs, hashbrowns, cereal, fruit, yogurt, etc.. We were highly impressed with the gentleman working in the breakfast area. Our son was a bit out of sorts and fussy from not getting enough sleep and the gentleman kept coming over to make faces or try to get a smile out of him. He also brought him a couple of things to keep him preoccupied (we brought things as well but they weren't as interesting to him as what he was given). Very nice and appreciated!

All-in-all, this was a great hotel. Very comfortable and we would definitely stay here again if we need another stop-over.

Dear Goneaway76,
I apprecieate your time in writing your review of our hotel. I'm glad to read you enjoyed every aspect of your stay, and I will definetely share your comments with Joe, our breakfast attendant. Thank you again, and we hope to see you guys soon!
Tallahassee, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I recently stayed at this Hampton Inn, and there were two large dogs in the room next to me that barked until 8:30pm, and started again at 7:30am. i called the front desk but they could not or would not do anything about the problem. I can understand having pets in the room, but they should not be allowed to disturb the paying guests.

Room Tip: Rooms not near barking dogs.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Ray K
DanJordan, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Ray K,
I am very sorry to hear of your poor experience while at our hotel. Allowing pets to stay here has, for the most part, been wonderful for both our guests who travel with their pets, and for us as well. On occasion, a situation like yours will occur, and it presents a diffucult problem for our staff to handle. We make every effort to get as must contact information we can, so that we can alert the dogs owners of any problems. On rare occasion, we are unable to make contact, and it is not safe for us to enter the room in an effort to resolve the situation. I completely agree with you. All of our guests should be able to rest and relax during your stay, and I can imagine that must of been frustrating for you. I would like to discuss this in further detail with you, and request you call me at 904-997-9100. Again, I apologize for this problem, and hope to hear from you soon.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Excellent hotel. Between the bride's and groom's family, we had several rooms at this hotel for our daughter's wedding at the UNF University Center. Jennifer, the Director of Sales juggled all the room reservations and changes as needed prior to our stay. (I didn't get the chance to meet her in person like I wanted, just too busy). Everyone really enjoyed their stay here; the breakfast, waterfall to sit by and relax, and pool for the kids. All the hotel staff I encountered were very nice and willing to help. The front desk personnel were so friendly and handled the giving of my "welcome gift bags" to family and friends as they checked in. Thank you all at the Hampton Inn Deerwood Park Jacksonville!

Dear Lori E,
Thank you very muck for your kind review of our hotel. I'm glad to hear that the wedding went well, and I have passed your comments along to Jennifer and the rest of the staff. We all love to hear about our guest's good experiences, and truly apprecieate your time in writing this.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

A few of us stayed here a couple of nights this week. This Hampton Inn is centrally located to Orange Park and the beaches. The property is clean, safe and well kept. There are many businesses within walking distance, including Tinseltown Theater. The staff is friendly, helpful and attentive.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Alice J,
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write your review. I'm glad to hear you were pleased with our hotel, and that our location was convenient for you. We hope to see you again the next time your in Jacksonville.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is an excellent hotel. It is extremely clean and looks brand new. The location is within walking distance of many restaurants and shopping. The fitness room is small but has the necessary equipment. The breakfast is a typcial Hampton Inn meal. The staff was very accomodating.

Room Tip: The hotel has suites with pull out beds for extra guests
    • 5 of 5 stars
DanJordan, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear Docexaminer,
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. It was nice to read your comments and to recieve high marks! Our hotel is about 8 years old, but our staff works very hard in maintaining it, so I'm glad to hear their hard work is paying off. Thanks again, and I hope to have you back very soon!

woodstock, georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed at this hotel during labor day weekend. It's probably 15 mins to the beach but it was easy to get to. There's a movie theater and tons of restaurants within walking distance. Most of the staff we encountered are very friendly. There's a pretty loud sports bar near te hotel and thoughwe're on the 6th floor, we could still hear the music. I can't even guess how loud that might have sounded in the lower floors. If you want to avoid that, request for a room on the other side of the building. The pool and patio were great - nice place to relax. Minor complaints: breakfast was a bit disappointing. The 2 mornings we ate breakfast there, there wasn't any meat on the spread - just eggs, waffles and another hot item. Also, We had to wait 10 mins to check out because the front desk staff (A****a) was in a personal phone call (using both her cell and hotel phone). We could have just left our keys but she didn't even acknowledge us until she was done with her call.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the other side of the sports bar
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
DanJordan, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear JHaeded,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, even though you had to experience the noise coming from the bar next door. I also appreciete that you didn't hold the actions on one employee against the entire staff. I apologize for the poor customer service that you recieved at check out, and I assure you, we will take corrective action so that this does not happen again. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
Dan Jordan//GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
Hampton Inn Jacksonville South/I-95 at JTB
#6 of 132 in Jacksonville
4.0 of 5 stars 415 reviews
Hampton Inn Jacksonville-I-295 East/Baymeadows
Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area

Property: Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area
Address: 4415 Southside Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32216-5402
Location: United States > Florida > Jacksonville
#1 Family Hotel in Jacksonville
#2 Business Hotel in Jacksonville
#4 Romantic Hotel in Jacksonville
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn And Suites Jacksonville-Southside Blvd-Deerwood Pk