“Nice hotel. Convenient location.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area

Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area
Ranked #2 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Columbia,SC
“Nice hotel. Convenient location.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2012

Hampton Inn remains my top choice when on the road. This hotel is very convenient to I-95 and I-295. Staff was very friendly and accommodating despite late time of night. Rooms were clean and up to date. Area seemed safe and there were restaurants close by. Will stay again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DanJordan, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Dear SConthemove,
I just wanted to thank you for your kind review of our hotel. I greatly apprecieate your loyalty, thats whats we strive for. I will pass your comments along to the staff, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Dan Jordan//GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
niagara falls, canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2012

Big comfortable room and bed, Great Breakfast. We were on the opposite side from the Jacksonville Ale House so didn't hear any noise even though it was New Years Eve. The front desk called aftr were checked in to make sure everything was OK. We will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DanJordan, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
Dear Darmf,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review of our hotel. I'm glad to here you enjoyed your stay with us; it sounds like it was a peaceful one. I will share your comments with our breakfast attendants, as they love the positive feedback! We hope to see you again very soon.

Dan//GM
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

I prefer to stay at Hampton Inn's because of their free breakfasts, the fact they are always clean and you can adjust the temperature in the rooms. This Hampton Inn was just perfect. It is in a great area of Jacksonville. We were there for a couples quick weekend getaway. The following were nearly in the parking lot: Jason's Deli, TGI Friday's, Dunkin Donuts/Baskin Robbins, and Jacksonville Ale House. A movie theater is about 2 blocks away, if that. Publix is across the street. This location is about 3-4 miles from the Jacksonville Towne Center.

We were checked in by the manager, Chris, I believe. He was super nice! We had room 412, and once in our room he called to make sure everything looked ok and to make sure we didn't need anything. Such a nice touch. We only had breakfast 1 of the 2 nights we stayed. The morning we ate they had bagels topped with eggs, cheese and bacon (yum!), scrambled eggs, fruit, cereal, belgian waffle station, homemade oatmeal and yogurt. Juice, milk and coffee too.

We had a great stay and will be back to Jacksonville in the next several months. I hope to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DanJordan, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Thank you for your response. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your positive feedback on our breakfast, especially the homemade oatmeal, which is a new addition to our hot on the house breakfast. We can't wait to see you again. Thank you again for your feedback.

Chris Clarke
Assistant General Manager
Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

Great location as the hotel is in a pleasant entertainment area with several restaurants, coffee shop and movie complex all within a short walk. And it’s less than a 15 minute drive from both downtown and the beach. The hotel is right next to a SpringHill Suites and we stayed at both as the room rate at the Hampton jumped by $50 on the last night of our stay. Our room at the Hampton was a suite with two beds and a rollout couch. The room was a large open area but the space was sufficient for the three of us. There was a small flat screen TV (about 27”) with a good selection of channels but none appeared to be in high definition. The free Wi Fi was logged onto by entering your room number and last name. The signal was strong, but we had to re-enter the log-in information a number of times throughout the stay. The breakfast area included several tables (and was larger than the area at the SpringHill next door). One of the mornings of our stay there were no seats available but the weather was cooperative so we ate outside near the pool. Overall a good stay in a desirable location.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank H0lidayr0ad
Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2011

Since I read review before I decided to stay at the hotel and I found them very helpful.Those reviews and the dog friendly hotel was the main reason I stayed. I also saw that the general manager reads these reviews and that is phenominal and was another reason I stayed.
Arrived on December 17,2011 and stayed in room 607 with husband and dog.We checked in at 3pm and it was fast and pleasant. They were putting new carpet in the hotel when we arrive.
The workers had the parking lot blocked which did cause a great inconvenience. The side entry door the workers also had a board wedged in the side door which to me is a safety hazard for hotel guest. Someone that is not a hotel guest could wonder right in. After the workers left for the day the door was properly locked however that little board was left by the door which someone else could use to wedge the door open. One thing that I can say about the workers is if they were at the elevators they would let you go first and they would wait which was very considerate. Also when we arrived in the room, the door would not close properly because of the carpet not being cut properly. I call down to the desk and they immediately sent some one up to fix it.

The room was a little small but very comfortable and clean. Felt like a home away from home. The maid for that day was great because since I had a dog and needed to leave she was doing another room and stopped to come and clean the garbage and put clean towels in my room. She did it with a smile...should have got her name.

I was ever so grateful that it was pet friendly and I hope that pet owners that stay at the hotel make sure that they clean up after their pets or if someone neglect to do it please clean that up also, so it will stay pet friendly. In fact I did clean up someone else's dog poo that was left in the parking lot. They do have a area in the back for pets with plastic bags for cleanup. To tell you the truth I was a little apprehensive staying at a hotel where pets stay because I know that some pet owners are not as clean as others but I can say that I had nothing to worry about because of hotel being clean inside and out.

Since I had a pet I walked around the whole hotel and it was very clean out door. Breakfast was nice even though I am vegan the fruit and orange juice was really good. They did have a great variety of food for breakfast.The eating area was very roomy, clean and a friendly atmosphere.

Would I stay again? Yes! If it remains clean, pet friendly and the general manager keep reading these reviews I would recommend this hotel highly. One thing is the shower curtains need some improvement. They are too short....please take a look at them.....Thanks for the great visit.

Room Tip: Very clean hotel-Breakfast Great for meat eaters-vegetarians-vegans--Pet friendly-I am very picky so...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DanJordan, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Dear BettyG,
Thank you very much for posting your review of our hotel. I am glad to hear you had a good experience with us, considering the carpet installation project we had going on. I completely agree about the shower curtains, and they are currently being phased out. I trust we will see you again, hopefully soon! This time around, no carpet installers will be in the way, hopefully resulting in another great stay.

Dan Jordan/GM
Fernandina Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2011

I reviewed this hotel over a year ago and it is time for another "visit". The location of this Hampton Inn is in a shopping/restaurant filled area. Convenient to all that you would want to do in the Jacksonville area. Depending on your arrival direction, it is sometimes challenging to reach the hotel. We always prefer to get off Southside Boulevard at a light to access the location. We arrived late but parking was available in the front. Check in was swift. We liked seeing that the hotel was "pet friendly." Our room was on the opposite side of the hotel, away from the next door restaurant/bar that is sometimes noisy. Our side was quiet. The room was comfortable although a little cramped with a couch, chair and coffee table. Bed was comfortable. bar area in room with sink, refrigerator and microwave was a plus. The one negative was that the new shower curtains were a bit short and the second morning there, we caused a slight flood on the floor. Breakfast was normal for a Hampton Inn. This was a nice re-visit with an "old friend."

Room Tip: Ask for a room on north side of hotel... quieter!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Mount Airy, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

Arrived on a Friday afternoon to find a carpet company taking up the parking lot on the north side of the hotel. Saw them removing old carpet from the hotel and taking new carpet in. Was a little apprehensive but decided to check in. Got to room and was pleasantly surprised. Room was nicely appointed, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was great. Didn't notice any noise from the adjacent club at night. Check out on Sunday was smooth.

• Stayed October 2011