“Great Clean Hotel and Pet Friendly”

Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area
Ranked #6 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed December 19, 2011

Since I read review before I decided to stay at the hotel and I found them very helpful.Those reviews and the dog friendly hotel was the main reason I stayed. I also saw that the general manager reads these reviews and that is phenominal and was another reason I stayed.
Arrived on December 17,2011 and stayed in room 607 with husband and dog.We checked in at 3pm and it was fast and pleasant. They were putting new carpet in the hotel when we arrive.
The workers had the parking lot blocked which did cause a great inconvenience. The side entry door the workers also had a board wedged in the side door which to me is a safety hazard for hotel guest. Someone that is not a hotel guest could wonder right in. After the workers left for the day the door was properly locked however that little board was left by the door which someone else could use to wedge the door open. One thing that I can say about the workers is if they were at the elevators they would let you go first and they would wait which was very considerate. Also when we arrived in the room, the door would not close properly because of the carpet not being cut properly. I call down to the desk and they immediately sent some one up to fix it.

The room was a little small but very comfortable and clean. Felt like a home away from home. The maid for that day was great because since I had a dog and needed to leave she was doing another room and stopped to come and clean the garbage and put clean towels in my room. She did it with a smile...should have got her name.

I was ever so grateful that it was pet friendly and I hope that pet owners that stay at the hotel make sure that they clean up after their pets or if someone neglect to do it please clean that up also, so it will stay pet friendly. In fact I did clean up someone else's dog poo that was left in the parking lot. They do have a area in the back for pets with plastic bags for cleanup. To tell you the truth I was a little apprehensive staying at a hotel where pets stay because I know that some pet owners are not as clean as others but I can say that I had nothing to worry about because of hotel being clean inside and out.

Since I had a pet I walked around the whole hotel and it was very clean out door. Breakfast was nice even though I am vegan the fruit and orange juice was really good. They did have a great variety of food for breakfast.The eating area was very roomy, clean and a friendly atmosphere.

Would I stay again? Yes! If it remains clean, pet friendly and the general manager keep reading these reviews I would recommend this hotel highly. One thing is the shower curtains need some improvement. They are too short....please take a look at them.....Thanks for the great visit.

Room Tip: Very clean hotel-Breakfast Great for meat eaters-vegetarians-vegans--Pet friendly-I am very picky so...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
DanJordan, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

Dear BettyG,
Thank you very much for posting your review of our hotel. I am glad to hear you had a good experience with us, considering the carpet installation project we had going on. I completely agree about the shower curtains, and they are currently being phased out. I trust we will see you again, hopefully soon! This time around, no carpet installers will be in the way, hopefully resulting in another great stay.

Dan Jordan/GM

Reviewed November 29, 2011

I reviewed this hotel over a year ago and it is time for another "visit". The location of this Hampton Inn is in a shopping/restaurant filled area. Convenient to all that you would want to do in the Jacksonville area. Depending on your arrival direction, it is sometimes challenging to reach the hotel. We always prefer to get off Southside Boulevard at a light to access the location. We arrived late but parking was available in the front. Check in was swift. We liked seeing that the hotel was "pet friendly." Our room was on the opposite side of the hotel, away from the next door restaurant/bar that is sometimes noisy. Our side was quiet. The room was comfortable although a little cramped with a couch, chair and coffee table. Bed was comfortable. bar area in room with sink, refrigerator and microwave was a plus. The one negative was that the new shower curtains were a bit short and the second morning there, we caused a slight flood on the floor. Breakfast was normal for a Hampton Inn. This was a nice re-visit with an "old friend."

Room Tip: Ask for a room on north side of hotel... quieter!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Arrived on a Friday afternoon to find a carpet company taking up the parking lot on the north side of the hotel. Saw them removing old carpet from the hotel and taking new carpet in. Was a little apprehensive but decided to check in. Got to room and was pleasantly surprised. Room was nicely appointed, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was great. Didn't notice any noise from the adjacent club at night. Check out on Sunday was smooth.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed November 9, 2011

I got a chuckle when researching hotels in the Jacksonville Area on Trip Advisor - there is not one REAL hotel (eg. Marriott, Hyatt, Westin, Hilton, local boutique hotel, etc) in the entire top 20! So - compared to what is available in the area this Hampton Inn should be rated a 5 star hotel - but for those who travel a lot it is what it is: a really high quality Hampton Inn experience. The staff is excellent, the rooms are clean and spacious (mine had brand new lovely carpet), the lobby area is clean and modern, the breakfast is basic and nutritious. The hotel is located close to corporate campuses and shopping areas. I've stayed here twice so far and will stay again when in the area - it really is the best around - hard to believe!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank dysphorichousewife
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Our 3rd stay in this hotel with only 1 prior housekeeping issue. The beds are not particularly up to the Hilton standards (2 of us had hard beds and pillows with obviously worn out mattress pads) but the price is right. A football party in the parking lot of the Ale House next door, including a giant screen and thumping music, made it really difficult to think while working in our rooms and trying to rest for our site work the next morning. Would've been great on a Friday or Saturday night, but not so good on a workday. Staff said security & police were called, but they must have joined the party because it didn't quiet down til everyone stumbled home around 1:30 a.m..

Room Tip: Not on the south (Ale House) side.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
DanJordan, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2011

Dear TallyTravler34,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We really do track and monitor these reviews as they keep us informed of how we are doing and what we could do better. I am very sorry to hear about your most recent experience. We are working with the owners/management of the Ale House to find a solution that suits both parties; obviously we are not these yet. We will continue to fight for restful nights for our guests. I will also look into the bedding issues you mentioned, to see if we need to start looking into replacement of some items. Again, thank you for taking the time to write the review, as it has been very helpful. We hope to see you again very soon!
Dan Jordan/GM

Reviewed September 7, 2011

Family trips to Jacksonville have had us stay six times this year and I would not ever bother staying anywhere else! The rooms are clean, beds are comfortable with the cleanest bed linen and best pillows, it has free and fast wifi, the free breakfast is fresh and hot, and the staff are very obliging. It is well located with plenty of well-lit parking, and a good choice of restaurants and shops are within walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
DanJordan, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2011

Dear Twoisenough,
That you very much for posting your review of our hotel. It gives me great pleasure to read your kind words regarding just about every aspect of all of your stays. We strive to provide a consistant product and service to each and everyone of our guests. We can't wait to see you again during your next visit. Until then, take care!
Dan Jordan//GM

Reviewed August 29, 2011

I spent a few weeks here while on business and this hotel has everything you need and want on an extended stay.
Location - check.
Clean - check.
Free breakfast - check.
On premise laundry - check.
Pool, excercise room - check check.
Plenty of bars and resturants within walking distance - double check.

The entire staff was great and I actually felt like I was leaving home when I checked out to go home.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
DanJordan, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2011

Lauren,
Thank you very much for posting your review about our hotel. It really means alot to us, especially coming from a guest who has stay with us for an extended period of time. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it, and we look forward to your next visit!
Dan, GM