“Friendly Diner” 4 of 5 bubbles

Metro Diner
Ranked #6 of 1,983 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Diner, International, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Friendly Diner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

While the food is certainly tasty ( we had breakfast at the counter), the friendliness of the staff and clientele earned this place an additional star in this review. The pancakes were great and the bacon crisp as requested.

Visited January 2014

Barnesville, Georgia
“Great meal, worth the wait”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

Second trip to the Metro Diner. Last time we ordered and watched other food come out and said, wished we had ordered that. This time we went for the chicken and waffle. You get 1/2 chicken fried with a good crust. The Belgium waffle was excellent. Topped strawberry butter and a little powered sugar. For the chicken, they build a simple dipping sauce, some maple syrup with a few drops of Louisiana hot sauce. Great. I even dipped my waffle in it. The order is so large my wife and I split one order. I eat the wing, thigh & leg and she eats the breast. Usually I grit the breast bone and clean off the rest of the meat and skin. Today my wife said, "you want the rest", and she put the bone on my plate. I had to laugh, nothing was left, not even the skin.

On the way out I saw the buffalo shrimp salad, think I want that next time. Everything looks good and so far everything tastes good! Have not been to other locations! just original diner. Give it a try when in Jacksonville. Oh yeah, we had the inly car from out of State in the lot.

Jacksonville, Florida
“but really good and a good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Yummy menu and a lot of food for the price! you have to wait a few but very worth the wait. Theres one in Mandarin too also very good.

• Visited November 2013
Florida
“Great lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

My son took me and my husband to Metro Diner for lunch. We had to wait about 15 minutes to be seated but it was worth it. The only problem was they really don't have a place to wait inside when the weather is bad which it was when we went there.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Over-hyped”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

This restaurant was highly recommended by friends. I thought we'd try it. It was early on a Sunday morning right after they opened for the day. I ordered an omelette with home fries and rye bread. The food arrived very quickly. My omelette had a lot of eggs which was just okay as to taste. The egg to filling ratio was bottom good. Too much egg and the fillings, mushrooms, onions, peppers, ham were all burnt. The cheese and tomato were okay just sparse. The home fries looked burnt as well, but the insides were good, so maybe that's how they are served. The rye toast was good.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

Been to Metro Diner? Share your experiences!