“Great lunch”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Florida
“Great lunch”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My son took me and my husband to Metro Diner for lunch. We had to wait about 15 minutes to be seated but it was worth it. The only problem was they really don't have a place to wait inside when the weather is bad which it was when we went there.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Over-hyped”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This restaurant was highly recommended by friends. I thought we'd try it. It was early on a Sunday morning right after they opened for the day. I ordered an omelette with home fries and rye bread. The food arrived very quickly. My omelette had a lot of eggs which was just okay as to taste. The egg to filling ratio was bottom good. Too much egg and the fillings, mushrooms, onions, peppers, ham were all burnt. The cheese and tomato were okay just sparse. The home fries looked burnt as well, but the insides were good, so maybe that's how they are served. The rye toast was good.

Jacksonville, Florida
“Incredible food at great prices”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We have eaten breakfast here many times and have never been disappointed. I defy anyone to eat here and leave still hungry. The service is excellent and the atmosphere is definitely Diner. Try them, you will be convinced.

• Visited December 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“Big menu, big breakfast!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Wow, what a big breakfast. A wait for a table, for sure -- but worth it. Their hashbrowns with onion and hot jalapenos was so good! Love hot, spicy food - and this hit the spot. We took friends there from out of town and they were very impressed with this quite small, noisy diner. The service was excellent, our waitress was extremely attentive and kept the coffee coming.

• Visited December 2013
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“Great diner...always good!!!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Metro Diner is my favorite place here in Jacksonville. It doesn't matter if I go for breakfast or lunch, it's fabulous. One of my favorite things to order us the grilled cheese with ham and tomatoes. I usually go to the location in San Marco. I have also been to locations now in Julington Creek and at the Beaches and the quality of food it the same. During my visits at lunch time, I love being able to sit outside to enjoy my lunch, the sites and the weather. You can't go wrong.

• Visited January 2014

Been to Metro Diner? Share your experiences!