“Awesome breakfast with great selection”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Metro Diner

Metro Diner
Ranked #6 of 1,995 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Diner, International, Contemporary
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Atlanta, Georgia
“Awesome breakfast with great selection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

This cozy little neighborhood diner has a lot of character but mainly great food. I had the creamed beef on home fries with cheddar. Potatoes were crispy, cheese was perfectly melted and the creamed beef was everything you would expect of a classic. My wife was also pleased with her omelet. We sat in the heated outdoor seating area with our dog. The service was very friendly and they even brought out a bowl of water for the pup. I highly recommend this restaurant though it can get very busy so come early.

• Visited January 2014

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Awesome Breakfast. Crabcake Benedict was so tasty!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

When I was in Jacksonville visiting a buddy, I wasn't impressed with most of the restaurants. I am so happy that Metro Diner was near my hotel, as their breakfast was so good. I tried the Crabcake Benedict on my first morning there, and ended up having it most of the other days, as it was one of the best breakfasts, I have ever had. A true gem in my opinion.

• Visited January 2013
“Breakfast in America”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

As a Brasilian tourist I went to several restaurants in Florida and Metro Diner seems to be "the real thing" if You are looking for a breakfast in América just like Supertramp use to sing about!

Piedmont NC
“Amazing breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

Local established restaurant ; we liked it so much we ate at two locations - downtown the morning before the game and at Jax beach a couple of days later. There is a wait every morning ( testimony to the popularity) but they move tables very quickly. Wait staff is friendly, helpful and efficient. My husband ate the huevos rancheros - twice! They are served on a bed of crisp tortillas with cheese, onions and chorizo - topped with eggs, hot sauce and jalapeños. The yogurt, granola and berries is the perfect companion to a sweet treat like a waffle or the pecan, raisin French toast - French toast beats the waffle hands down. Coffee is hot; staples like eggs, bacon and sausage are done well. Highly recommend!

Visited December 2013
Santa Clara, CA
“Lovely place for breakfast and lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

The Metro Diner has a great menu for both breakfast and lunch. The food is prepared very well, and the service is always quick and friendly. Though they are usually crowded, the staff does a wonderful job. The prices are also quite reasonable. We ate there several times.

Visited December 2013