“MMMMMmm, good!”

Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We recently visited the Metro Diner on San Jose and the one out in Jax Beach. The menu has some comfort foos as well as some great unique items. The food was awesome and very rich,,,mmmmm. Service is unbelievably quick and personable...The prices are resonable. I would highly reccommend a vist to either location!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,563)

Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

We went to the location at Julington Creek. We had heard so many good things about the Metro. We purposely woke up early on a Sunday morning to go, since we heard it always had a wait. We got there fairly soon after it opened, and it was already 3/4 full. I ordered the Chicken & Waffles. The waffle was delicious, and the strawberry butter was perfect with it. No need for syrup! The chicken was a full 1/2 chicken that had a great tasting batter to it. Even a little kick to it! My husband ordered the Metro Pancake, which was a huge 12" pancake. My kids both ordered pancakes and ate every bit. Delicious food, a bit pricey for breakfast, but it was a special treat.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Usually a line to get in the door so prepare to wait. Open for breakfast and lunch only. A longtime favorite among Jacksonville residents. Entrees are HUGE! You won't leave hungry!

Reviewed September 26, 2012

My husband and I went out of our way to go to the Julington Creek location for lunch when we arrived in Jacksonville. I seriously don't know what all the fuss is about. This was just an average restaurant, with average food. My sandwich was okay, and my husband didn't really love his meatloaf. The waitress was really good....and I agree with the other Tripadvisor review regarding the noise level. I wouldn't go back, even if I lived nearby. I'd prefer Denny's across the board!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

One of the best little diners around, you can't beat for a Sunday breakfast. Plan to wait, but it's very worth it - the shrimp and grits is an amazing treatl. Chicken and waffles are a new staple, and their chicken is juicy and moist. If you are really hungry take the 12" challenge to see if you can finish the massive pancake. The pot roast is amazingly tasty, but don't be afraid to step outside of the box and try the friend PB&J - better than it sounds! I am a sucker for their italian wedding soup, I usually have to get a bowl every time I'm in for lunch. Check out their website for their specials, or sign up to have them dropped in your e-mail box to take advantage of their amazing keylime stuffed pancakes!