“Best Breakfast in Town”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Arden, North Carolina
“Best Breakfast in Town”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

The breakfast pie and chicken and waffles are huge. In fact, prepare not to be hungry again until evening. I understand you usually have a wait to get a table, but we arrived about 9 on a Thursday morning, and were immediately seated (although I think ours may have been the only vacant table). They do have chairs lined up on the sidewalk so you can sit if you have to wait. And I was told they'll even take coffee out to the curb-chair-sitters. Service was super, everything was hot and good, and, though a little pricey on some things, the best breakfast place in Jacksonville.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank PGinNC

Jacksonville, Florida
“Great Diner”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

This is a popular place with the locals so be prepared to wait. Never had a bad meal and especially love their eggs benedict!

• Visited January 2012
orlando
“i got the grease bomb...”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I didn't watch the episode but discovered this place from researching the area through the Jacksonville Forums here on Tripadvisor. I ordered the breakfast pie and my husband the Pittsburgh sandwich and my children shared a Bissell. Oh we also ordered a Yo Halla just to try. I think i can firmly say that none of the food was something to write home about. My husband said his sandwich was somewhat tasteless....the pastrami was "ok" but he was expecting the coleslaw to give it a bite, but nothing. My Breakfast Pie was a large ramekin of baked ? onions eggs potatoes cheese......and grease. a greasy mess and my belly paid for it later. The Bissell was an average breakfast. My daughters pancakes were hard (ish) discs. I wasn't that impressed with the Yo Hallah either ....a stuffed challah bread with banana pudding and blueberries on top. A cloying sweet mess that didn't make sense to me. My husband liked it though. We didn't finish it. I think if i were to drive by next time, i might stop in and try something else....without all the hype, it's just another diner.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank lovetogogogo...
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“I'm a regular”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Really good diner food. Service is always good, and I haven't had one bad thing yet. I really enjoy the chicken-pot-pie and meatloaf. It's worth the wait. And the new location at the beaches tastes the same as the one off San Marco. I'm pleased to see that the same high standards carried over!

Visited April 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
“delicious”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Order the french toast with the bananas and goodness!!

Visited April 2012