“good take out”

Reviewed April 5, 2009

good take out

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Boston, Massachusetts
“It's pretty good, but generally overrated.”
Reviewed October 29, 2008

It's pretty good, but generally overrated.

St. Augustine, Florida
“Best Steaks, Appitizers, Service & Value Anywhere! Outback Rules!”
Reviewed February 15, 2008

I’m curious why anyone would mention a wait time. Everyone knows lots of people frequent this restaurant. They do have a call-ahead service and they will put you on their list before you get there; did you know that? I never have to wait and am seated before people standing around with pagers simply because I call ahead. I have Outback programmed in my phone in case I’m out and decide to go there.

The food is great and the service has always been awesome. Of course as one who tips generously before my meal, it would be. Some have said there are better steaks elsewhere, but forgot to mention where that would be. I think Outback has the best I have ever had and easily compares to Ruth Chris at a fraction of the price. Hey, when you steak is perfect every time, you can’t get much better than that.

I typically get the ribeye (called a Scotch fillet in Australia) and one has to know that they cook their steaks one temperature under what you order. So, I order mine medium so it comes out medium rare. I dislike overcooked food and Outback is always consistent, unlike other places I have been. I would never go anywhere else for a steak. The salads are quite generous in size and when I order it without croutons and extra onions; that’s exactly what I get.

The Outback style prime rib is excellent. I don’t believe it is on the current menu, but they will fix it for you if you ask. They take the prime rib and flash it on the grill for a minute, which gives it a great flavor. The rack of lamb is good too and can be served as chops if you request it. It has a distinctive rosemary flavor. Don’t forget to order the coconut shrimp appetizer; it is awesome!

I enjoy the atmosphere and the decorations are fun to look at. The prices are fair and the choices are numerous. I have always received prompt and attentive service. My glass has never been empty and I have never lacked anything in the years I have been going here. Without exception, anywhere else I have ordered a steak, it was overcooked. It must be a Florida thing as many indigenous people in the south order medium well; I hear it all the time. Outback just does it better than any other. I think I’ll go there tonight!

1 Thank AFRanger
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“can't go wrong with huge...”
Reviewed November 27, 2007

can't go wrong with huge steaks, and huge beers. oh and of course the bloomin' onion.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook