“we had a blast!!”

Foxy Lady Cruises Jacksonville
More attraction details
Owner description: Cruise the St. Johns river in climate controlled comfort of this 96 foot luxury yacht. Public cruises include: dinner, lunch, sightseeing, sunday brunch, hors D'ouevres, happy hour. Available for private charters for up to 149 guests.
Clermont, Florida
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“we had a blast!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

We went there for the sunset dinner cruise and it was beautiful. The menu could use a little more variety but the food was good. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The boat was very clean and the drinks were good. We used the water taxi to get to the boat and that was nice.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank TravelingRunners

Jacksonville, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Asked for directions, they hung up. No refunds”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

My fiancee purchased a dinner cruise with this company to surprise me with for Valentines Day. We left our hotel with plenty of time to make it to the dock. But got lost. We called the number provided and pleaded with them for directions, and he HUNG UP ON US. We tried again, no answer. We got there as the boat is leaving and called again. The captain said that there is nothing he can do, there are no refunds, or rescheduling and HANGS UP again. We had read other reviews that mentioned that because the cruise is actually a circle on the river that passes by the dock it leaves several times, that they pick up people who are late. Well he didn't.

I understand that we were late, but they hung up on us while we asked for directions. We are not from Jacksonville. I wondered why they would not want to help someone get there on time, it's because there are no refunds and we can't book another night to do it. They keep our money whether they feed us or not.

Any good business would want perfect reviews from clients, and use superior service as a way to get them. If this dinner cruise is so amazing, and we didn't make our appointment, let us go another night. If you own a business where customers can literally "miss the boat" why would you not allow them to re-book for another night to enjoy your service?

But whoever owns this business decided that they would rather keep our $100.

Visited February 2014
13 Thank cic06
John102460, Owner at Foxy Lady Cruises Jacksonville, responded to this review, November 29, 2014
We are very sorry you missed your cruise. Our ticketing policy is very clear about leaving on time and refunds. Please understand our schedule can be very tight and we may have a cruise before and or after yours. Also, it is important for us to deliver the full cruise time to our guests. Other passengers may have appointments or baby sitters to consider so to start late and arrive late is not an option. This is a large vessel and can take up to 10 minutes to safely dock for boarding and another 10 minutes to get underway again. Going back to the dock to pickup late passengers is not fair to the other guests as they would miss up to 20 minutes of their cruise.
Cell phone service is not always reliable and, as we all know, sometimes we experience dropped calls. Our ticketing agency was contacted about this call and we were assured they did not "hang up" on our customer.
I hope you can understand some of the details we need to consider when making policy.
Jacksonville, Florida
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great Valentines date night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

My husband and I took their first annual valentines cruise. The cruise and two and a half hours long with a four course meal including champagne for dessert and two entrees. The wait staff was courteous and helpful and dinner was served at perfect intervals. The food was good considering it was made on sight and not catered. You do have to buy your own non alcoholic beverages, but that is standard with tourist type attractions. I would go again and also recommend this to other people. One drawback was that there was only a few couples tables and a lot of people had to share.

Visited February 2014
Grantsburg, Wisconsin
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Quiet cruise ride, beautiful sunset.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Some cruise boats are so noisy that it's hard to chat with friends, but Foxy Lady give us a smooth, quiet ride on the river by Jacksonville. Watching the sunset from the boat and then seeing all the lights of the city reflecting off the water was a nice plus. Food was good - not spectacular, but typical "cruising" fare.

Visited October 2013
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best fun in a long time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

My husband and I attended his company function for NuStar on October 12th, 2013. This was by far the most fun I have had in quite a while. The weather was perfect, the food excellent, and there was plenty of room for everyone to mill around and find their own space if needed. I enjoyed the atmosphere and staff so much I am now trying to get a job there! I didn't want to leave. My husband and I plan to book a private cruise for our 25th wedding anniversary in December with a few close friends and family and to possibly renew our vows. I would recommend this cruise to anyone looking to impress or just to sit back and relax.

Visited October 2013