“Great Valentines date night”
Review of Foxy Lady Cruises Jacksonville - CLOSED

Foxy Lady Cruises Jacksonville
More attraction details
Owner description: Cruise the St. Johns river in climate controlled comfort of this 96 foot luxury yacht. Public cruises include: dinner, lunch, sightseeing, sunday brunch, hors D'ouevres, happy hour. Available for private charters for up to 149 guests.
Jacksonville, Florida
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great Valentines date night”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

My husband and I took their first annual valentines cruise. The cruise and two and a half hours long with a four course meal including champagne for dessert and two entrees. The wait staff was courteous and helpful and dinner was served at perfect intervals. The food was good considering it was made on sight and not catered. You do have to buy your own non alcoholic beverages, but that is standard with tourist type attractions. I would go again and also recommend this to other people. One drawback was that there was only a few couples tables and a lot of people had to share.

Visited February 2014

Grantsburg, Wisconsin
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Quiet cruise ride, beautiful sunset.”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Some cruise boats are so noisy that it's hard to chat with friends, but Foxy Lady give us a smooth, quiet ride on the river by Jacksonville. Watching the sunset from the boat and then seeing all the lights of the city reflecting off the water was a nice plus. Food was good - not spectacular, but typical "cruising" fare.

Visited October 2013
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best fun in a long time!”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My husband and I attended his company function for NuStar on October 12th, 2013. This was by far the most fun I have had in quite a while. The weather was perfect, the food excellent, and there was plenty of room for everyone to mill around and find their own space if needed. I enjoyed the atmosphere and staff so much I am now trying to get a job there! I didn't want to leave. My husband and I plan to book a private cruise for our 25th wedding anniversary in December with a few close friends and family and to possibly renew our vows. I would recommend this cruise to anyone looking to impress or just to sit back and relax.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Bonnie B
Jacksonville, Florida
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Priced a bit high but excellent service”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Crew was chipper and helpful despite a torrential downpour barely an hour before cruise time. Embarked a few minutes late as a result of the weather, but nothing serious. Circled back to dock to pick-up late passengers (which is either positive or negative, depending on your point of view). Bar service was excellent and food was better than good -- though it would have been overpriced if it were merely a dockside restaurant. Drinks also were dear. But, the experience was as advertised and we had a good time. Recommended, if it meets your price point.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank DonaldLD
Florida
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“It was just okay.”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I sailed with Foxy Lady Cruises in July as we found a Living Social deal that cost $25 for two people on their cocktail cruise. We thought it would be a nice relaxing cruise around the St. Johns River. We had high hopes but ended up disappointed.

We arrived 20 minutes early like they requested with a scheduled departure of 6:00pm. I guess since everyone else came early they decided to board everyone early which meant that we left 15 minutes early. After we pushed away the bars opened up and people basically ran to the bar to load up on drinks. We sailed at a pretty fast rate south along the river walk and my husband and I settled in to enjoy the view. We got about parallel with St. Vincents Riverside and we turned around. My husband and I were confused thinking that they were taking us back to the dock. Nope we inched slowly back north. What took 15 minutes to go from the Hyatt to St. Vincents on the trip down now took almost 45 minutes to go from St. Vincents north to about parallel with Metropark. Once we got to Metropark they called last call and headed back to the Hyatt. Total time at this point was an hour. We then zipped back to the Hyatt with us arriving back at the dock at 7. According to their website the cocktail cruise was supposed to be an hour and a half long. It was really about an hour and fifteen minutes long. As we were lining up to disembark we chatted with another couple that had sat at a table near us and they commented on how disappointed they were that we didn't really sail anywhere and that they cut about 15 minutes from the sailing.

All in all I think that we got a decent deal with the Living Social but had I paid full price ($50 for two) I would have been pretty angry. I doubt I'll go back, even with a deal. Another thing that was annoying is that you can only start a tab to pay for your drinks on the bottom deck and after my husband closed ours we overheard them telling people that you got a free drink if you checked in on Facebook which we already had but didn't get credit for the free drink.

Visited July 2013