“Awesome Food”

4 Rivers Smokehouse
Ranked #8 of 2,026 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: 4 Rivers is a family-owned smokehouse specializing in 30-day aged brisket, homemade southern sides and fresh bakery items.
“Awesome Food”
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

I had the brisket sandwich. I ordered moist vs lean and it was likely the I've had and I eat a lot of BBQ. The sides were generous in size and very tastey. I had collard greens and sweet potato casserole.

Then they top off a great meal with their own bakery. The cupcakes and cakes looked great, but I fought off the temptation.

Visited June 2014

Ocala, Florida
“Gooood BBQ”
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

I've been to the 4 Rivers locations near Orlando. Driving through Jax was a no brainer to stop here. We had brisket, chicken, slaw and beans. All was fantastic down to the last drop. We enjoy the casual atmosphere and the piped in music.

“Bad experience”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Went to this restaurant for the second time last night and came away knowing I will not go back. First off they charged us over $2 for a glass of water. Their excuse was that they gave us a regular cup instead of one that would not be charged for dispensing water. Secondly my meal was very tasteless and not at all memorable. I ordered the Messy Pig which is pulled pork, slaw, pickles and peppers between a hamburger bun. The pulled pork was terrible and completely tasteless, the slaw not at all favorable and the bun stale. One of the crew promised to bring over an ice tea to our table since the dispenser was out. They never did. Overall my meal was not worth much. Maybe it was a bad night there but I don't go back for a second time if my meal is that bad.

2 Thank Tagorddi
Fredericksburg, Virginia, United States
“Great BBQ and tasty sides.”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

The Signature Angus Brisket was tender and had great flavor. Plenty of sides to choose from. Pretty much first come for seating, there is a nice sized covered outdoor area with seating and plenty of fans for keeping you cool in the heat.

ANNA MARIA
“Superb barbecue !”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

A good barbecue restaurant is often hard to find but 4 Rivers was exceptional. The sliders were overloaded with meat and you had your choice of meats to fill them! Portions were good and we were all full at the end of our meal. Great sides were available too. There is a bakery section that had some unusual choices such as maple bacon cupcakes and salted carmel fudge. Being a chocoholic I had the salted carmel fudge and it was to die for!