“Best Bar-B-Q Ever”

4 Rivers Smokehouse
Ranked #10 of 2,111 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: 4 Rivers is a family-owned smokehouse specializing in 30-day aged brisket, homemade southern sides and fresh bakery items.
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Convenient location. The best barbeque and baked beans that I have EVER had. My choice is always brisket sandwich with 2 sides. You can choose between lean or juicy cuts. Very generous portions (I always take half home with me.)

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We went on Saturday for lunch ( 11:30 am) and the place was packed. After reviewing the menu I ordered the Longhorn with french fries and fried pickles. In all honesty the sandwich would have been enough as it was pretty large. The fried pickles were good and the fries were too. Unfortunately I had to leave most of the fries as I was full. We dined out side as the tables inside were full. The only down side was that they don't have a lot of tables inside. They do have a lot of seating where individuals or small groups can sit. The food was excellent and we will be back.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I just returned from a business trip to Memphis, TN. and I was appalled at the poor bbq I encountered while there, especially the famed Rendezvous and their Ribs which are supposed to be "World Famous" they were the worst I have ever had at a bbq restaurant. Anyway that is another review. BBQ is my very favorite food and I have been to bbq restaurants all over this great land and I can tell you this, the bbq at this place is exceptional to include the moist brisket - which is almost as good as I had in Texas recently.

This place has the whole package - all the meat is very very good - all the sides are excellent (best bbq beans I have ever had) - they have very good sweet tea in an actual Styrofoam cup like it should be with the perfect ice (small/round crunchy ice) - and to top it off, there is a sweet shop in the restaurant where they bake fresh daily some awesome cakes - cup cakes and the like.

So what I am sayin is this - you might find slightly better bbq elsewhere, but you will not find the "whole package" like this place has anywhere. They have 4 or 5 locations - find one and go there - you will not be sorry.

Great job 4 Rivers!!

Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Delicious. Didn't realize it was a Boston Market style dining experience, so I was a little thrown for a loop with the cafeteria line, but once I understood the set-up, I was pleased. It matches the environment completely with long family-style tables through the middle and booths around the edges.

Food was incredible. I had the six shooter, baked grits topped with pulled pork, covered in Cole slaw, jalapeños, pickles, and BBQ sauce. With a Huckleberry American bottle of soda on the side, one of my favorite meals ever.

1  Thank BadLlama17
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Had never heard of 4 Rivers...and thought I would give it a try. The other BBQ places in Jacksonville better step up their game...this place puts them to shame!! You eat your meal with a plastic fork and spoon....and the meat is sooooo tender...you dont need anything else!

The dinner portion comes with 3 BIG sides, and HUGE biscuit and your meat selection. If you add another meat to that...you can easily feed 2 people and be FULL...and get out for like $20.00 or so!

The BEST BBQ I have had since I lived in Texas.

2  Thank 1FloridaGuy