Marble Waters Hotel & Suites
$93
CrownePlaza.com
$79
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsdirect tvbuffet stylekeurig coffee makerbed was comfortablehot breakfastgreat ratewalmartcheckinflorida
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My visit to this hotel was to visit family and be in close proximity to the beach without soending an arm and a leg. I was highly disappointed by my stay. Room srrvice was slow and the front desk staff was adequate, although it appeared the front desk clerk doubles as the restaurant manager!! The restaurant was another story in itself! I give the nice gentleman credit that was running between the front desk and the restaurant, he even stopped at our table to make sure we had what we needed. He spoke pleasently to his waitstaff even under pressure and went the extra mile at the front desk with the customers. Other than that our stay was disappointing, everything seemed in disarray which is a shame for such a lovely hotel! I hope they keep the fella that was doing double duty! If they get organized it has potentional. But for now the verdict is still out.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Holly P
Reviewed July 14, 2013

The hotel was beautiful. My room could've been cleaner. The highlite was when I choose to eat down in the restaurant , I didn't see anything that I wanted on the menu and ask to speak with the chef and he came out and was very attentive and made me an amazing dinner. Ill definitely be back as long as chef James is cooking!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Carmennnnnn
Reviewed June 14, 2013

On our way to see our son and his family, we have been watching this hotel in the making for several months. We had wanted to stay there since it's the closest hotel to them and we don't want to impose when we visit.
This is a BEAUTIFUL, NEW (opened March 2013) and VERY MODERN hotel. There were some very nice amenities in our Queen room (beside the regular fridge and microwave, etc.): a Spa tub, 42" flat screen TV, a Keurig Coffee Maker with bottled water and coffee to use in it, and a docking station on the radio/alarm for IPhone!
I am thinking that this is possibly a first of a new chain of hotel/suites. They have a few quirks to adjust and change, but overall it will be great! Beautiful and Affordable with luxuries others might not offer for the price.
PROS....The amenities mentioned, amazing bed, beautiful hotel, pool and hot tub.
CONS....Complimentary Breakfast was not what they listed in their welcome letter. :-(
The room was a little small, but I'm sure the KING room would be bigger,
There was no diet coke or pepsi to be found.
I have signed up for their "Newsletter" and have tried to sign up for their "Guest Loyalty Program" with no luck. This would really help us in choosing this hotel again.

Room Tip: Complimentary Breakfast is mostly "CONTINENTAL". Don't expect eggs.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mnew4
MarbleHotel2013, Manager at Marble Waters Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for the positive feedback regarding our property.

We take all of our customer’s reviews very seriously and treat them with the upmost care. Resolving a few issues I would like to say that we have made the necessary changes in order to accommodate our guests’ needs. We no longer charge for any addition coffee or water refills in the rooms.

Also we have replaced the continental breakfast with a hot, fresh breakfast bar.

We at Marble Waters Hotel and Suites are striving to assure that each and every guest is accommodated in a professional and timely fashion. We thank you for your feedback and hope that these corrections will lead you to return.

Thank you for your honesty.

The Owners and Management Of Marble Waters Hotel & Suites

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Room service was bad, asked for extra soap & towels, we never got.
The restaurant was nice, but very, very slow.
We loved the hotel itself, I think the workers need to take more pride in their job.
We loved that different floors was different colors.
The 2nd floor-silver 3rd floor-gold, 4th-Emerald.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank mattie J

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding our hotel and restaurant!

we have since then made the corrections and changes to better serve our guests.

we look forward to your return!
sincerely,

Management

Reviewed April 25, 2013

My family (sisters and husband) recently stayed in 2 rooms of the Marble Waters Hotel in Jacksonville, FL for our grandmother's funeral. The building itself (inside and facade) appeared new and while clean, was minimal and not impressive. The grounds around the hotel show signs of recent construction (e.g., two empty, rusty trailer pods, no landscaping, etc.). The interior appeared clean, as did our rooms. The lobby lacked much decor apart from a vintage car parked in the middle of the hotel which did not necessarily fit the rest of the theme.

Our rooms were clean but the bedding smelled new-slightly rubbery and plasticky-not very welcoming and the comforter did not have a duvet cover. The pillows were flat and after sleeping on them for a few hours, became flat and unsupportive. The mattress itself was acceptable and not too firm or soft. The room had a decent flat-screen HDTV with standard cable (although we didn't have much time to watch). While the rooms had 2 lamps, the only light/ceiling fixture was not very bright and the white plastic cover was crumpled and sloppy and in need of replacing. The bathroom light and vent switch were one in the same, so anytime one turned on the light, the vent/fan came on and that was very loud, especially for people trying to rest/sleep. Also, rather than using a cloth-type shower-curtain, the bathrooms were equipped with plastic curtains, which made me wonder how easily housekeeping staff could clean or would clean those. My sisters requested complementary toiletries but they never received them. However, the worst part of this hotel was the customer service and poor management. Apparently the church (or pastor??) beside the hotel financed and built the hotel; THEY HAVE NO BUSINESS RUNNING A HOTEL. The office staff was utterly incompetent. My father reserved and was told both rooms contained double queen beds; the beds were full. My father both called and visited the hotel to leave his credit card information for billing. Upon arrival the office staff did not have his payment information and then requested our credit card for check-in. We acquiesced 1) because he (my father) was at my grandmother's visitation and we did not want to bother him, 2) we provided the staff with his number to call him and correct the billing issue, thinking it would be resolved so that we could proceed to our rooms. WRONG. My father called the hotel the next day, provided them with his credit card information; they informed him that the information was there all along, and that the person who checked us in must not have seen it (well, duh, Sherlock). They took his information and "removed" us from their billing entry. However, imagine our surprise when we check our online statement and find that MARBLE WATERS HOTEL HAS A PENDING CHARGE ON OUR CREDIT CARD FOR THE TWO ROOMS. Oh wait, it gets better. Not only did they attempt to charge our credit card, but they charged my father's card plus an additional $100 transaction. This hotel has now gone from $230 to $560 worth of charges between my father and us. My father calls (again) the hotel to straighten out the charges and is informed that they will drop the $100 off his credit card and remove the pending charge from our credit card. We *think* the problem is resolved. OH WAIT, IT'S NOT. We check our statement the following day and the charge is official, not removed. My father calls again, to be told that they will remove the charge. We wait and check the statement again and it's still there. We have now filed a contest charge with our credit card company in order to trust someone (ironically a credit card company) more capable of handling this disaster.

Marble Waters Hotel, you have NO business being open. Your staff is incompetent and unable to handle even the most banal of tasks. I cannot believe that a church thought it would be worthwhile to build a hotel (no telling the amount of money wasted here that could have gone to service, missions, etc.) and hire staff that cannot administratively be trusted with the most basic tasks. This is not what we needed on top of our family's loss. Needless to say, save your money and stay elsewhere. The hotel, while clean, cut a lot of quality corners and it shows in the staff and other little touches.

Note: we did not use the pool (it was too cold and rainy) so we cannot comment on that area of the hotel. I'm not sure if they had fitness facilities and did not see any, so again, I cannot comment on that, either.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family